Reimagining the future depends on disruptive innovation. IF encourages and rewards this type of thinking and dialogue.
Kris Kimel, Founder, IdeaFestival
Louisville, Kentucky (PRWEB) April 02, 2013
IdeaFestival® 2013, a leading celebration for creative thinkers and the intellectually curious, announces that event tickets are now on sale. The Festival boasts numerous speakers and performers who will inspire, entertain and promote the cross-fertilization of ideas and innovation from Sept. 25-27, at The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. Festival Passes (formerly known as All-Access Passes) are currently on sale at the special Early Bird rate of $325. This special rate will be available until April 21, 2013.
This powerful, three-day event brings together an impressive list of emerging and well-known influencers from a variety of disciplines including science, the arts, design, business, film, technology, education and much more – all working towards the convergence and exploration of how ideas shape our future. Initial speakers and influencers announced to date for this year include:
- Beth Comstock, GE’s Chief Marketing Officer and leader of growth and market innovation initiatives.
- Lance Hosey, Chief Sustainability Officer of RTKL, architect and author of The Shape of Green: Aesthetics, Ecology, and Design.
- Maria Konnikova, writer of the weekly "Literally Psyched" column for Scientific American, where she explores the intersection of literature and psychology. Her recent book Mastermind: How to Think like Sherlock Holmes is now a New York Times best seller.
- Roger Newton, Entrepreneur, President and CEO of the biopharmaceutical company Esperion Therapeutics, Inc., Roger co-discovered and was the product champion behind the ground-breaking drug Lipitor®.
- Rafe Sagarin, Marine ecologist and environmental policy analyst, former congressional advisor and author of Learning from the Octopus: How Secrets From Nature Can Help Us Fight Terrorist Attacks, Natural Disasters and Disease.
- Dr. Tererai Trent, Oprah Winfrey's "all-time favorite guest," Tererai is the founder of Tinogona, which builds and repairs schools in rural Zimbabwe.
- Elaine Tin Nyo, conceptual artist with a kitchen and a studio in Harlem who uses food as a vehicle to explore issues of morality and responsibility.
Tickets for IdeaFestival’s annual kick-off day, Thrivals 6.0: The Quest Continues, are also available as an addition to a Festival Pass purchase for only $49. Thrivals sets the tone for the IdeaFestival each year by exploring a particular theme- this year learn how to break through the struggle of having big ideas in a limited and short sided world. Thrivals 6.0 will be held on Tuesday, September 24, 2013.
IdeaFestival offers attendees an opportunity to explore diverse ideas and innovations outside their field and gain a renewed sense of wonder and curiosity. The event attracts early adopters and thought leaders who want to be exposed to new ideas and new ways of thinking.
IdeaFestival's Founder Kris Kimel says, "Reimagining the future depends on big thinking and disruptive innovation. Idea Festival creates an open source environment that encourages this dialogue to take place.”
Please visit ideafestival.com for more information and to buy tickets. Stay Curious!
Founded in 2000, IdeaFestival® is a celebration for the intellectually curious. It’s an eclectic network of global thinkers and one-of-a-kind innovators bound together by an intense curiosity about what is impacting and shaping the future of the arts, business, technology, design, science, philosophy and education.
The conference is held every Fall in Louisville, Kentucky at The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. The setting, thought-provoking sessions and informal tone make IdeaFestival a truly unique experience. Those who attend leave the event with interesting new ideas, a better sense of connectedness, an expanded network of relationships and lasting inspiration to help create change in the world.
Kris Kimel, 859-229-6161, kkimel(at)ideafestival(dot)com