These are not only men and women of business, they are men and women of character – and we salute them for their powerful contribution to our industry and to their communities.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) April 03, 2013
The Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA), one of the leading forces in the hospitality industry, would like to congratulate all of the award winners who were recognized during the 2013 AAHOA Annual Convention & Trade Show, which was held March 26-29 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas.
The winners honored at the Annual Convention include:
- Paresh K. Patel, Hockessin, Del., received the AAHOA Award for Excellence, which recognizes the Asian American hotelier who has made a significant contribution to the lodging industry and demonstrated strong leadership, and high standards of excellence.
- Dipesh Patel, Punta Gorda, Fla., received the Outstanding Young Professional Hotelier Award, which recognizes an individual under the age of 30 who has displayed a potential for development and success, and who has exemplified the spirit, dedication and professional achievement of the Asian American hotelier.
- Priti Patel, Atlanta, Ga., and Nancy Johnson, Executive Vice President, Development, the Americas for Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group each received the Outstanding Woman Hotelier of the Year Award, which recognizes the woman hotelier who has demonstrated strong leadership qualities, a commitment to lodging excellence, and made significant contributions to the industry and her community.
- Former AAHOA Chairman Mukesh J. Mowji, San Jose, Calif., received the Cecil B. Day Community Service Award, which recognizes an individual who has demonstrated a strong commitment to serving the Asian American community.
- U.S. Representative Jared Huffman (D-CA) and U.S. Representative Mick Mulvaney (R-SC) each received the Political Forum Award for Advocacy, which recognizes an individual who is extensively involved with helping advance AAHOA’s mission and the concerns of its members by participating in the legislative process through political involvement and government affairs.
- Haroon Khawaja, Orlando, Fla., received the Outreach Award for Philanthropy, which recognizes an individual who is deeply involved with philanthropic and charitable activities, either locally or abroad, by helping the cause of humanity at large.
- Jerry’s Motel, Los Angeles, Calif., owned by Jagubhai Patel, received the IAHA Independent Hotel of the Year Award, which honors an independent hotel that sets a high standard of excellence in quality, service and guest satisfaction.
- Chairman’s Awards were presented to the following individuals for their dedicated service to AAHOA and the hospitality industry: Bakula Patel, Emerald Isle, N.C.; Bankim Patel, Orange, Calif.; Divyesh Desai, Portland, Ore.; Himanshu Vyas, Gujarat, India; Kamlesh Patel, Carrolton, Texas; Mahendra Patel, Portland, Ore.; Mukund (Bobby) Patel, Atlanta, Ga.; and Suresh (Sam) Patel, Manning, S.C.
- Immediate Past Chairman Alkesh Patel recognized his entire family with a special award during the Gala Night celebration for all of their love and support during his years serving on the AAHOA Board and during his term as Chairman.
“Our award winners symbolize the drive, determination, and dedication that are the basis for AAHOA’s mission,” said AAHOA Chairman Mehul Patel. “These are not only men and women of business, they are men and women of character – and we salute them for their powerful contribution to our industry and to their communities.”
“One of the important intangible resources of AAHOA is the character of our members,” added Fred Schwartz, President of AAHOA. “These award winners underscore the special qualities which are the basis for their success in business and in their communities.”
Photos from the Annual Convention can be downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4vv42m7roo68zz3/CL-N4Alecv?n=41942364.
The Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA) is THE voice of owners in the hospitality industry. Founded in 1989, AAHOA is now one of the fastest-growing organizations in the industry, with more than 11,000 members owning more than 20,000 hotels that total $128 billion in property value. AAHOA members employ 578,600 full- and part-time workers with a $9.4 billion payroll. AAHOA Officers include Chairman Mehul Patel, CHA, CHO; Vice Chairman Pratik Patel, CHA, CHO, MBA, MSIS; Treasurer Jay “Jimmy” Patel, CHO; Secretary Bharat “Bruce” Patel, CHO; and President Fred Schwartz, each of whom works closely with a 33-member Board of Directors to provide direction for the association. AAHOA is dedicated to promoting and protecting the interests of its members by inspiring excellence through programs and initiatives in advocacy, industry leadership, professional development, member benefits, and community involvement.