San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) April 04, 2013
2013 has already been a year of unprecedented historical events in Rome as Pope Francis I – the first Pope from South America – settles into his new role. The crowds are expected to swell beyond their usual high season enthusiasm with pilgrims from Argentina and throughout the world planning their trips to Rome. The team at Viator.com – the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide – has a curated selection of Vatican tours and activities, as well as a fun “Getting to Know Vatican City and the Pope” infographic that creatively walks travelers through a history of the Papacy.
Secret Rooms and After Hours Access
For that once-in-a-lifetime, bucket-list experience, the incomparable Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private Viewing and Small Group Tour of the Vatican’s Secret Rooms delivers unprecedented access to rooms usually off-limits to the public – the Niccoline Chapel and the Room of Gold – along with an after-hours private viewing of the Sistine Chapel. Try to imagine having Michelangelo’s masterpieces all to yourself; unimaginable without the help of Viator.
The Grand Conclave – Papal Audiences
To get just about as close as most people will ever get to the Pope, a ticket to the weekly Papal Audience is a must-have.
- The Papal Audience Tickets and Presentation guarantees reserved seating as well as commentary by a professional guide explaining the origin of the Papacy from the first Christians through Constantine's era and up to the current wonder of the Holy See
- The Papal Audience Ticket at Vatican City begins with a relaxing coach tour across Rome highlights of which include Piazza della Repubblica, the famous Villa Borghese gardens and the northern gate of Rome leading into Piazza del Popolo before the papal audience.
- In the summer months, the Papal Blessing at Castelgandolfo Day Trip from Rome brings travelers on an excursion to the Pope’s summer residence for the once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Insider Access – Skip the Line and Exclusive Entry
With high season lines that can lead to a two hour wait in the hot summer sun,, Viator’s Skip the Line tours can help travelers save their precious time in Rome for exploring the Sistine Chapel, the St. Peter’s Basilica and the many wonders of the Vatican.
- One of Viator’s most popular tours of all time (some 9,400 reviews and counting) is the Skip the Line Vatican Museums Walking Tour including Sistine Chapel Raphael’s Rooms and St. Peters, including the option to upgrade to enter the Vatican before the general public in the morning
- Another hugely popular Vatican experience and huge value at just $41 is the Skip the Line Vatican Museums Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica Half Day Walking Tour
- The very likely to sell out Skip the Lines Vatican Museums Small Group Tour including Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica embarks very early with a group no larger than 10 travelers
- September and October only: New on Viator and also likely to sell out are the Vatican Friday Nights Small Group Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Tours that provide an exclusive evening experience limited to 25 people each night
- A lot can be accomplished in a short about of time in Rome, especially during Viator’s Skip the Line: Vatican in One Day tour that incorporates the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and all of the Basilicas, plus VIP access through a reserved door
- Other Vatican skip the line experiences include the Vatican Museums and St. Peters Art History Walking Tour guided by a professional art historian; the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Tour and the Walking Tour of St. Peter’s Basilica.
Viator’s “Getting to Know Vatican City and the Pope” Infographic
In keeping with the new Pope’s jovial spirit, Viator has created a fun infographic, “Getting to Know Vatican City and the Pope,” that provides travelers with information and fun facts on the Vatican and the Papacy. The infographic is available for printing on the Viator Travel Blog.
For more great tips for traveling to the Vatican, Rome, and destinations worldwide, as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news, travelers can check out the Viator Travel Blog and follow the company on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator is the world’s leading resource to discover and book travel activities, providing online and mobile access to more than 15,000 curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 350,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site -- Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Viator Shore Excursions website as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 2,500 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.