Index leaders in the EU-5 are using digital as a way to free themselves from the industry's dependence on traditional media and declining distribution channels.
New York, NY (PRWEB) April 10, 2013
Today, L2 released the EU Supplement to its 2013 Digital IQ Index®: Hair Care & Color report. The first of its kind, this supplement takes a deeper dive into industry trends and best practices and highlights brand ‘Flashes of Genius’ in the French, German, Italian, Spanish and UK markets. Authored by Scott Galloway, NYU Stern Clinical Professor of Marketing, and a team of L2 researchers, this supplement assessed the performance of 53 global Hair Care & Color brands across Site, Digital Marketing, Social Media and Mobile in five key European countries over the past year.
“Index leaders in the EU-5 are using digital as a way to free themselves from the industry's dependence on traditional media and declining distribution channels.” –Maureen Mullen, L2’s Head of Research & Advisory
To download an excerpt of the report:
- Just 12 percent of Hair Care & Color brands’ sites are mobile-optimized.
- Spain’s YouTube channels are growing faster than those of any other EU-5 country, with a 62 percent increase in views, on average, over the last 3 months.
- Hair Care & Color brands own 50 percent of Google search results in France, compared to 36 percent in the U.S.
- Many brands rely on third party retailers for the fulfillment and shipping of online sales in EU-5 markets, which does not allow for a streamlined shopping experience for the customer or further data capture on shopping patterns for the brand.
- Only 19 percent of the 53 brands have French Facebook pages, despite the fact these communities are the largest and fastest-growing among the EU-5 countries.
L2 is a think tank for digital innovation that helps prestige brands navigate the digital marketing landscape through events, research, and advisory services. The L2 Digital IQ Index® is the global, seminal benchmark for digital performance of brands and the largest and most robust study of its kind. Rankings are published annually across numerous industries, including: Luxury, Beauty, Retail, Travel, Spirits, Auto, and consumer packaged goods. For more information, visit: http://www.l2thinktank.com. For all membership inquiries, please email membership(at)l2thinktank(dot)com.