Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) April 22, 2013
On April 22, Flavor Your Life compiles a list of top reasons to consume more extra virgin olive oil as part of a daily diet.
According to Flavor Your Life, extra virgin olive oil is different from other types of vegetable oil. It provides more health benefits and contains oleic acid, a substance that promotes weight loss.
Studies have shown that oleic acid, one of the more prominent monounsaturated fats, can keep an individual feeling full for longer periods of time. According to Flavor Your Life, monounsaturated fats can protect against cardiovascular disease by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
Flavor Your Life’s list of reasons to use more extra virgin olive oil includes:
- It reduces inflammation- Extra virgin olive oil can decrease inflammation and swelling in the stomach, intestines, liver, gallbladder and pancreas. The amount of vitamin E in extra virgin olive oil also helps regulate the digestive system.
- It lowers cholesterol- There are bad types of cholesterol (LDL) that cause plaque buildup in the arteries. Extra virgin olive oil helps to reduce the excess bad cholesterol by promoting the production of good cholesterol (HDL) and removing plaque from arteries.
- It is high in antioxidants- Extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants. It prevents “free radicals” from forming and slows down the aging process of the body’s cells.
- It brings out the flavor of food- Different types of extra virgin olive oil have different flavors. Some can have a fruity taste, while others can taste nutty. Extra virgin olive oil can enhance the flavor of a meal and is also one of the best oils to use for frying.
- It can be used as a cosmetic product- Extra virgin olive oil is a natural hydrator for the skin and hair. It can be used to refresh dry skin or smooth down split ends. Extra virgin olive oil has been used for thousands of years as a beauty product.
Flavor Your Life, a campaign supported by the European Union, Unaprol and the Italian Ministry of Agriculture, is dedicated to providing the latest in industry news and health information about European extra virgin olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil enhances the flavors of your recipes while providing health benefits. Flavor Your Life, the voice of extra virgin olive oil production quality control, aims to educate consumers so they can make informed decisions when purchasing extra virgin olive oil.