According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, recent data has revealed that about 25% of work zone motor vehicle fatalities involved large commercial trucks.
Kewanee, IL (PRWEB) April 18, 2013
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, recent data has revealed that about 25% of work zone motor vehicle fatalities involved large commercial trucks. With the amount of construction in the state of Illinois only increasing, especially due to the large road construction project on I-74, commercial truck drivers must be careful now more than ever. At Lyle R. Jager Agency, the staff has always been dedicated to protecting owner operators across the state from the unique risks they face, and this specific risk is no exception.
Lyle R. Jager Agency offers both personal and commercial insurance lines, but also specializes in commercial truck products, offering a wide array of options to suit the needs of any owner operator or fleet. They are also committed to promoting safe driving on the road, including when entering a construction zone. To show their support of defensive truck driving best practices, the agents are offering tips to avoid accidents and injuries in work zones:
- When approaching a construction zone, remain alert and take it slow.
- Always leave enough space between the vehicle in front. In rear-end collisions, the person in the back is at fault, no matter what. Large trucks have a harder time stopping due to the weight, so be mindful of this.
- Buckle up for safety in case a crash does occur.
- Expect the unexpected when in a work zone, especially if there are traffic delays.
- Roll up the windows to prevent dirt and other debris from flying inside the truck and causing injuries.
- Pay attention to the road warning signs so the truck can move forward safely and smoothly.
- If there are road crew flaggers, follow their directions to remain safe.
- Minimize distractions by paying full attention to the road ahead.
- If a transport needs to be made by a certain time, make sure to leave earlier since delays should be expected in construction zones.
The trucking industry is altering and changing regulations all the time. Keeping up to date with what protection is necessary to prevent financial loss is necessary, and easier than ever with the support of Lyle R. Jager Agency. Their tips along with their commercial truck insurance are meant to prevent accidents and injuries on the road. Since insurance requirements for commercial vehicles are typically higher than for regular autos, it is important to seek guidance that can be trusted. The agents here have the experience and knowledge necessary to meet the needs of the local trucking community. To receive adequate coverage at an affordable cost, give the team a call at 888.298.6006 or fill out a free quote form today!
About Lyle R. Jager Agency:
Lyle R. Jager Agency of Illinois doesn’t want shopping for insurance to be an overwhelming ordeal. They believe that insurance policies should be as unique as their clients, which is why they take the time to get to know the needs of their customers. They understand that providing comprehensive and affordable insurance options is necessary for full protection. Today, the vision is for the over 25-30 licensed employees to remain committed to fulfilling all the insurance needs of the community. As a member of the IIA of Illinois, the agency represents a wide range of carriers. They are appreciative of those customers who have been loyal throughout the years and extend a warm welcome to those who have yet to join the agency family.