According to a survey conducted by the Workplace Bullying Institute (WBI), 35% of the U.S. workforce, or about 53.5 million Americans, have reported being bullied at their jobs. This alarming statistic is not being tolerated anymore.
Monroe, NY (PRWEB) April 18, 2013
According to a survey conducted by the Workplace Bullying Institute (WBI), 35% of the U.S. workforce, or about 53.5 million Americans, have reported being bullied at their jobs. This alarming statistic is not being tolerated anymore. Many states, including New York, are working to implement best practices and are considering passing anti-bullying laws. These steps are being taken in order to reduce the number of employees feeling threatened in the workplace. The agents at On Time Insurance also want to help make a positive change for local businesses.
Business owners should know that workplace bullying can take on many forms. In addition, if the problem continues, many employees may start to feel undervalued, depressed, and most likely will leave the company. Making all workers feel comfortable while on the job should be priority, which is why On Time Insurance agency has complied tips that may help to reduce workplace bullying:
- Establish an anti-workplace bullying policy as a commitment to a safe and healthy environment.
- When creating the policy, include employee input in the process.
- Train higher level staff to keep an eye out for bullying.
- If someone has a complaint or problem, take these issues seriously and investigate them immediately.
- Conduct anti-bullying training for everyone in the company.
- If workplace bullying has occurred, keep a record to the incident and help the victim through an established support program.
- Clearly state the company’s intolerance for workplace bullying.
- Provide clear examples of unacceptable behavior in the workplace related to bullying.
If an employee reports a bullying incident, business owners should act confidentially and sensitively to make sure the problem is solved. It is important to set a consistent standard of punishment to employees who bully others as well so that everyone realizes that this sort of behavior is unacceptable. If local businesses are looking for more methods to implement an anti-bullying policy or how doing so may reduce business insurance premiums, contact the agents at On Time Insurance today at 888-419-0947.
About On Time Insurance:
On Time Insurance is dedicated to building a solid, personal relationship with each customer that comes into the door. The New York agency provides a wide variety of insurance solutions, whether personal or business, they are “on time”, every time. The agents work hard to find the most affordable and comprehensive coverages. They can also write policies in NJ, FL, and even CA. No matter the location, the agency believes in treating everyone equally. On Time Insurance is committed to taking the time to not only provide a free quote, but also extensive details and information regarding the insurance policies they provide.