London, UK (PRWEB) April 19, 2013
Saudi Arabia ranks fourth after the US, China and Russia in terms of the defense budget size. In 2008-2012, the country’s defense imports increased substantially (peaking in 2011) given the lack of well-established national defense industry. Aircraft held the largest chunk of the defense equipment imports, accounting for nearly 52% of the total figure; and they were mainly supplied from the US and the UK. In 2013, the country’s defense expenditure is evaluated at almost USD 53 billion. At present, Saudi Arabia’s military expenditure accounts for over 7% of GDP; the figure is likely to be above 9% in the forthcoming years. The country’s underdeveloped defense industry together with high spending power creates market-entry opportunities for foreign companies.
Saudi Arabia’s defense expenditure is expected to grow at a CARG of nearly 8% to exceed USD 77 billion by 2018 due to the high spending power, strained relationship with Iran and increasing necessity to develop a skilled military force.
New market research report “Future of the Saudi Arabian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018” elaborated by Strategic Defense Intelligence (SDI) has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: Future of the Saudi Arabian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
Published: April, 2013
Price: US$ 1,250.00
The report provides an insightful overview of the Saudi Arabian defense industry by drawing up a clear picture of the current market situation and outlining growth opportunities for the market through 2018. It benchmarks the country’s industry against key global markets and evaluates the market attractiveness. The research uncovers essential data on the market size and factors shaping the market; presents imports/exports statistics; includes five forces analysis; highlights possible market-entry ways; profiles top domestic and foreign companies; and delves into the competitive landscape. In addition, detailed future market outlook through 2018 is at hand in the report.
Companies covered in the study: Advanced Electronics Company (AEC), The Al Salam Aircraft Company, BAE Systems Plc., EADS N.V., General Dynamics Corporation, Lockheed Martin, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) and Sikorsky Aircraft.
- Vital historical and present data on the Saudi Arabian defense industry (defense expenditures, budget allocation, and defense expenditure as percentage of GDP)
- Extensive market analysis, including information on the market drivers and restraints, market size and value, predominant market trends
- Evaluation of the market attractiveness and outlining of the emerging market opportunities
- Benchmarking of the Saudi Arabian defense industry against key global markets
- Defense procurement market dynamics: import and export statistics
- Five Forces analysis
- Review of the possible market-entry strategies along with data on the market regulation and major challenges.
- Examination of the competitive landscape
- Profiles of the foreign and domestic market participants
- Assessment of the business environment and country risks
- Future market forecast through 2018
More new research reports by the publisher can be found at SDI page.