Billerica, MA (PRWEB) April 21, 2013
Every year, in celebration of Earth Day, GXT Green recognizes organizations that have made significant contributions to sustainability efforts in their individual companies, their communities, or to the planet. This year, GXT Green is pleased to recognize six individuals and two corporations as champions making a difference for our planet. All individuals who nominated candidates in 2013 are also now doing their part for our environment as well. Each of them has received a free WheelSeal Medallion for their car, which indicates that GXT Green has offset the carbon footprint of their vehicle for the year.
For 2013, there were 13 finalists chosen from the nominations received. Eight of these nominees were selected by GXT Green judges to receive recognition as champions. Manas Chatterjee, President and CEO of GXT Green commented, "We are thankful that so many individuals are doing so much to protect our environment. We thank these champions and all of the nominees for their accomplishments in sustainability."
The detailed list of champions, which includes a description of their accomplishments, can be found at http://www.gxtgreen.com/honorroll.
Public Sector and NGO Champions:
1. Rob Garrity, Executive Director, Mass Climate Action Network.
2. Massachusetts State Representative Lori Ehrlich
3. Massachusetts State Senator Jamie Eldridge
4. John R. Connolly, At-Large Boston City Councilor
5. Jen Jordan, Recycling Coordinator, City of Iowa City
6. Bill DeWitt, Town Councilor in Barrington RI
1. Expressway Toyota, Boston MA
2. Roche Brothers/Sudbury Farms Groceries, Wellesley MA
About GXT Green:
GXT Green, “where Economics Meets Ecology” is a leader in creating and leveraging strategies, services, and products that help the corporate community meet their economic and social sustainability needs.
GXT Green supports clients in three areas:
- Drive improved profitability and sustainability through innovative products that address urgent environmental concerns such as plastic bags and Styrofoam packaging pollution. Products include ECOgrade™ photo-degradable bags; the underlying ECOgrade Resin additive which can be used as a cost-effective and sustainable plastic resin alternative; and the ECO-R3SP zero-waste packing solution.
- Design and execute green marketing strategies to enhance corporate brands. Outstanding sustainability accomplishments are recognized as a public service through the GXT Green Seal Certification Program.
- Complete the zero carbon footprint equation by developing and offering carbon offset credits derived from the highest quality carbon projects around the world. GXT Green is involved in development of REDD+ carbon offset forestry projects in several countries.
GXT Green is a division of Global Exchange Technologies, Inc. http://www.GXTGreen.com.