For most people who have never been entrepreneurs themselves, thinking like a business owner is a foreign concept.
Toronto, ON (PRWEB) April 24, 2013
Administrative Professionals Day on April 25 recognizes the work that secretaries, assistants, administrative professionals, and other business team members do every day. Shannon Waller, entrepreneurial teamwork coach at Strategic Coach, says acknowledging and recognizing team members is key to entrepreneurial success, especially when entrepreneurs are feeling disconnected from their teams.
“Entrepreneurs may think they’re bad managers or leaders,” Waller says, “but really what’s happening is a failure to communicate and understand one another. For most people who have never been entrepreneurs themselves, thinking like a business owner is a foreign concept—and yet, for entrepreneurs, like fish in water, it’s as natural and unconscious as breathing.”
Experts at Strategic Coach have seen the impact of this disconnect and detachment in thousands of businesses.
In honor of Administrative Professionals Day, Waller offers entrepreneurs five tips to get their team members on the same page:
1. Be a leader and visionary: Have a clear vision for your business, and share it with your team. When your team knows where you’re going and why, they’ll be better able to support you.
2. Instill a sense of purpose: Help your team understand the core values of your business, and encourage them to have an "ownership attitude" over their part of the business.
3. Make sure they need no "defense budget": Make it safe for team members to make mistakes so they can learn from their experiences. After all, that’s how you learned!
4. Recognize greatness: Creatively acknowledge and reward results and initiative. Don’t take others for granted—you want to be surrounded by people who love to do what you don’t.
5. Let go: Empower your team members to think, act, and make decisions autonomously. They’ll learn faster, and you’ll be freed up to do what you do best.
For more information on entrepreneurial teamwork, visit Strategic Coach at http://www.strategiccoach.com.
About Strategic Coach:
For more than 20 years, Strategic Coach has offered successful entrepreneurs a unique process for extraordinary growth, higher income, and exceptional quality of life. Founded by Dan Sullivan and Babs Smith, Strategic Coach is an organization run by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. The Strategic Coach Program enables entrepreneurs to create greater success and freedom for themselves and more value and satisfaction for their clientele. Strategic Coach clients have come from over 60 industries and a dozen countries.