Bella Bag’s authenticity process is a 13-step investigation into every item. If we have any doubts, they get dumped. Authenticity is the most important thing to me,” says Bella Bag's Cassandra Connors.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) April 26, 2013
Carrying a counterfeit bag hurts far more than your reputation. Counterfeit merchandise is directly responsible for the loss of more than 750,000 American jobs* and poses a threat to global health and safety. Consumer demand is fueling this illegal trade; Bella Bag is fighting back.
A counterfeit handbag is most likely produced in a sweatshop that operates in violation of child labor laws, “I’ve read stories of children who work in Asian sweatshops and have had their legs broken so they can’t go outside or play,” says Bella Bag Founder and Director Cassandra Connors. “Counterfeit items do devastating things to our economy and to the world.”
Four reasons why you should never fake it:
- Counterfeiting costs U.S. businesses $250 billion annually.
- Counterfeiters do not pay taxes, meaning less money for schools, hospitals, parks and other social programs.
- Counterfeiters do not pay their employees fair wages or benefits, have poor working conditions, and often use forced child labor.
- The profits from counterfeiting have been linked to funding organized crime, drug trafficking and terrorist activity.
In March, Bella Bag held an event at their Atlanta showroom to take fakes off the streets. Dozens of women brought in fake goods in exchange for store credit. Connors adds, “Many of my friends have picked up fake bags without realizing the damage done by counterfeiters. The controversy on fakes is about more than Intellectual Property.”
To keep you in the clear when it comes to luxury handbags, Bella Bag uses a 13-Point Authenticity Inspection. This inspection is where Bella Bag’s experts:
- Count stitches
- Examine exterior and interior logo stamps
- Trace serial numbers
- Closely inspect exterior and interior materials
- Test hardware magnetism and zipper heads, totaling 13 tests to ensure authenticity
“Bella Bag’s authenticity process is a 13-step investigation into every item. If we have any doubts, they get dumped. Authenticity is the most important thing to me. It’s what started Bella Bag,” says Connors. Bella Bag is a member of the International Coalition Against Counterfeiting and Piracy - thecacp.com
About Bella Bag - Bella Bag is the second largest marketplace for authentic, pre-owned, luxury handbags and accessories. Launched in 2005, Bella Bag is respected for its thorough authentication process, large selection of rare and limited edition-handbags, and superior customer service. More details on http://www.shopbellabag.com, http://www.facebook.com/BellaBag and Twitter @ShopBellaBag.
*Sources for all data: International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition Inc., (IACC)