National Lawn Care Month Health Facts from The Grounds Guys®
Seven Ways Lawn Care Can Help the Environment, Promote a Healthy Lifestyle
Waco, Texas (PRWEB) April 26, 2013
Lawn care isn’t just superficial; it helps the environment and can also promote a healthy lifestyle. For National Lawn Care Month this April, the below facts can help get lawns back in tip-top shape.
Mowing with a push mower is the equivalent of 150 minutes of moderate exercise, or approximately 75 minutes of vigorous physical activity.
- An average 150-pound adult can burn about 82 calories while mowing for just 15 minutes.
- A small lawn of about 50 square feet releases enough oxygen daily to meet the needs of a family of four for 24 hours, while absorbing carbon dioxide, ozone, hydrogen fluoride and other toxins.
- On average, eight front yards have the cooling effect of about 70 tons of air conditioning, while the average home-size central air unit has only a three to four ton capacity.
- Lawns help purify water entering underground aquifers because root mass and soil microbes act as a filter to capture and breakdown many types of pollutants.
- A buffer zone of grass around homes and buildings will help slow the spread of fire.
- Research has shown freshly mowed grass carries three plant compounds that act as stress relievers.
Lawn care doesn’t have to be a chore, but if you don’t have a green thumb, call the professionals at The Grounds Guys® for lawn care needs.