It feels so good to be back out visiting and performing for our troops in uniform and their families," said Keith. "I’ve toured a lot in my lifetime but nothing beats traveling with the USO, having the opportunity to ...
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) April 30, 2013
Twitter Pitch: @tobykeithmusic lays the hammer down and thanks troops and their families during @the_USO tour to Pacific
Superstar Toby Keith thanks troops and their families in the Philippines for their service and lets them know he is Always By Their Side during three-country, 10-day USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour April 28-May 7. Now in Guam spreading a touch of home and performing his trademark hits, Keith will journey to Hawaii on May 2. ***Link to USO tour photos below***
- Two-days into Keith’s 10-day, three-country USO tour, he has lifted the spirits of more than 270 servicemen and women, and their families.
- During the tour, the singer/songwriter is scheduled to perform seven USO shows exclusively for military families.
- Last year, Keith celebrated a decade of touring the globe with the USO and capped off the year with a return USO visit to the Middle East.
- Since his first USO tour in ‘02, Keith has traveled to 15 countries as well as visited troops aboard the USS Enterprise, USS Abraham Lincoln and USS Cape Saint George. In total, the star has lifted the spirits of 225,984 servicemen and women.
- In 2007, Keith inspired the creation of USO2GO – a program designed to deliver much needed electronic gaming, sports/musical equipment, and personal care items to troops in remote locations. To date, USO2GO deployed bundles have been delivered to more than 600 forward operating bases in Afghanistan, Iraq, the Philippines, Egypt, Africa and Kuwait. In 2012, the USO celebrated the shipment of its 1,000th USO2GO bundle.
- This summer, he will hit the road on the “Toby Keith Hammer Down Tour Presented by Ford F-Series.” The tour will kick off June 8 in Ozark, AR and run through September.
- The USO strives to deliver life-changing experiences for troops and their families around the world, like this Toby Keith USO tour. Visit uso.org/alwaysbytheirside and learn how the USO is always by the side of those who need us most: our nation’s deployed troops, military families, wounded, ill and injured troops and their caregivers as well as families of the fallen.
Attributed to Toby Keith:
“It feels so good to be back out visiting and performing for our troops in uniform and their families. I’ve toured a lot in my lifetime but nothing beats traveling with the USO, having the opportunity to uplift the spirits of our nation’s service heroes and showing them that America is always by their side no matter where they are in the world.”
USO Photos: http://bit.ly/16YkbPF
USO Fact Sheet: http://bit.ly/Y3YoUi
About the USO
The USO (United Service Organizations) lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors and their families and the families of the fallen.
The USO is a private, nonprofit organization, not a government agency. We rely on the generosity of our volunteers and donors. In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, Clear Channel, Kangaroo Express, Kroger, Lowe’s, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Procter & Gamble, and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, The Boeing Company, The Coca-Cola Company, Lockheed Martin, and Microsoft Corporation. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this patriotic mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.