This technology will make the Bills of Lading process fast and visible, allowing us to divert capital and personnel towards other roles and initiatives.
Ashburn, Virginia (PRWEB) May 01, 2013
- Averitt Express, a Tennessee-based provider of freight transportation and supply chain management reaching over 100 countries globally, has selected Perceptive Intelligent Capture, powered by Brainware for the efficient automation of Bills of Lading (BOLs) processing operations.
- The technology will be implemented to minimize manual data entry within Averitt’s AS400 mainframe billing system, ensuring faster and more accurate reconciliations, as well as increased transparency and accountability throughout the process.
- Averitt processes about 16,000 BOLs each day, each bearing more than 30 data fields requiring accurate extraction. A BOL is essentially a manifest accounting for all items in a given shipment; they are a mission-critical aspect of the operation, and inaccurate data entry creates risk and vulnerability in terms of customer service, compliance, the ability to troubleshoot quickly and more.
- In selecting Perceptive Intelligent Capture, Averitt cited the ability to expand the technology for processing of additional document-based routines as a key selling point.
- In addition to directing personnel away from tedious manual entry routines, Averitt estimates that automation with Intelligent Capture will boost per-employee productivity considerably, leaving them well-situated for handling increased volumes without a corresponding increase in headcount.
- Averitt is a long-time Lexmark customer and is standardized on Lexmark printers and multifunction products (MFPs) at its more than 100 service centers across 18 U.S. states. The Lexmark devices are used throughout Averitt’s facilities for a variety of scanning and printing requirements.
- “While our Bills of Lading processing operation consists primarily of tedious data keying—or perhaps because of this—we’ve experienced a very high rate of turnover in that role, and this creates additional pains in terms of constantly onboarding new personnel and familiarizing them with our quality control standards,” said Tim Saylor, Vice President of IT at Averitt Express. “Perceptive Software’s solution presented a tremendous competitive advantage in terms of eliminating such pain points typically faced by freight operations like ours, and we see a great deal of opportunity for expanding this automation functionality to other parts of the business. This technology will make the BOLs process fast and visible, allowing us to divert capital and personnel towards other roles and initiatives.”
- “Averitt is a long-time user of Lexmark’s Imaging Solutions and Services (ISS) technology, making their bill entry routine a natural beneficiary of Perceptive Software’s efficiency- and control-enabling capture capabilities,” said Scott Coons, President and CEO, Perceptive Software. “By implementing a scalable, powerful platform for automating document-based processes across the enterprise, Averitt epitomizes Lexmark’s ‘Customers For Life’ philosophy—our commitment to delivering solutions that evolve with the dynamics and challenges of business, and continue to offer the strongest capabilities for giving customers the advantages that will keep them efficient, compliant, profitable and positioned for growth in the long term.”
Averitt Express is a leading provider of freight transportation and supply chain management with international reach to more than 100 countries. The company’s service offerings include cross border/domestic offshore, dedicated, expedited, intermodal, international ocean/air, local customization, less-than-truckload, PortSide®, transportation management, truckload (dry van, flatbed, brokerage) and warehousing. Averitt’s technology offerings include a full suite of web-based shipping tools, electronic data interchange (EDI), and transportation and operations management systems. For more information, visit http://www.averittexpress.com.
About Perceptive Software (http://www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Perceptive Software, a Lexmark company (NYSE: LXK), builds a complete family of intelligent capture, content and process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect enterprise applications to the processes and information outside those applications, providing the visibility and control needed to improve financial performance, reduce risk and ensure future flexibility.