UNION, Washington (PRWEB) May 02, 2013
Alderbrook Resort & Spa is celebrating mothers with special events and offerings throughout May. Located just steps away from the serene Hood Canal and overlooking the beautiful Olympic Mountains, the resort is a relaxing respite for couples looking to recharge and a perfect way to celebrate any mom. The historic NW resort, celebrating its centennial in 2013, is located just two hours from Seattle and two-and-a-half hours from Portland. Alderbrook’s month-long Mother’s Day celebration includes:
- Mothers’ Day Brunch (Sunday, May 12): Enjoy a delicious Mothers’ Day Brunch at the Restaurant at Alderbrook from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The skilled culinary team will dish up delicious alder plank salmon, homemade huckleberry waffles and traditional eggs benedict. Choose unlimited items from the hot and cold buffets, carving station and dessert bar plus one entrée for $41 (or $14 for children under 10.)
- Queen for a Day Package: Treat mom to scrumptious chocolate-dipped strawberries, a Relaxation massage and Skin Refining Glow at the Spa at Alderbrook, overnight accommodations and valet parking with the Queen for a Day package. This luxurious offering gives busy moms a great opportunity to unwind and rejuvenate. Package starts at $299.
- Private Cottage Dinner with our Chef: Enjoy a deluxe, intimate dinner with fresh roses and wine made by Executive Chef Lucas Sautter. Packages are available Sunday through Thursday in May with overnight cottage accommodations and valet parking. Package starts at $399 for two.
- Mothers’ Day Spa Specials: Four luxurious spa treatments that pamper the mind, body and soul will be offered throughout Mothers’ Day. For more information on Mothers’ Day spa specials, please visit the spa at Alderbrook online.
In addition to the Mother’s Day offerings, a variety of special activities are slated to take place on the lush property during May, providing a perfect opportunity for families, couples and individuals to escape the hustle-bustle of city living. Additional May events include:
- Shrimp Season and Shrimp Special (Saturday, May 4 & Sunday, May 5): Shrimp Season opens May 4 on the Hood Canal, home of the jumbo Spotted Shrimp. Thousands of boats are expected to crease the water, so join in. Boatless? No problem! Restaurants located along the Hood Canal will feature a number of shrimp specials and delicacies – including the Restaurant at Alderbrook.
- Annual Traveler Days Art Exhibition (Saturday, May 11): Whether you are an artist or someone who appreciates the arts, come out for the 4th annual Traveler Days art exhibition. A celebration of Union’s history as an artist’s colony, the event will be held from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. and will include a children’s art show from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. Contact Jake Geist, Guest Experience Manager at Alderbrook (jake.geist(at)alderbrookresort(dot)com) for more information.
- Annual Traveler Days Twilight Cruise (Saturday, May 11): Take in the Hood Canal’s beautiful scenery and learn about the area’s unique history with author Mike Fredson from the deck of the Lady Alderbrook, Alderbrook’s 54-foot cruise boat. Learn about the Traveler, the state’s first artist colony and local lore on a twilight cruise. Tickets cost $20 and the cruise will take place from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Wine Dinner with Mosquito Fleet (Saturday, May 18): Start the weekend off right by enjoying delicious locally-sourced food perfectly paired with first-rate wines and breathtaking views. In partnership with Puget Sound’s Mosquito Fleet Winery, Alderbrook will host a specialty wine and dinner event on Saturday, May 18. For menu or more details, call the Restaurant at (360) 898-5500.
- Family Movie Night (Friday, May 24): Located on the Creekside Grassy Knoll at 7:00 p.m., enjoy a movie under the stars to kick off the holiday weekend. Complimentary to overnight guests.
- Live Entertainment (Sunday, May 26): Located in our Mount Washington Room, families are invited to watch a kid-friendly live magic show from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. Adults are invited to an adult comedy night from 10:00 to 11:00 p.m. Complimentary to overnight guests.
- Thursdays in May - Spotted Prawn BBQ: Located on the Cottage Lawn from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. Complimentary to Resort guests.
- Fridays in May - Red wine & chocolate welcome reception: Located in the Lobby from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Complimentary to overnight guests
- Live Music & Happy Hour: Every Friday in the Lounge from 9:00 p.m. to Midnight
To correspond with May’s on-property events and activities, the historic resort is offering several special accommodation packages perfect for an ideal Washington State vacation:
- Double Dogleg Escape: If there’s a golfer in the family, this is the perfect package. Available Sunday through Friday until May 23, the Double Dogleg Escape includes overnight accommodations, two rounds of Golf at the Alderbrook Golf & Yacht Club and a cart, an Under Armour golf bag and valet parking starting at $179.
- Play Hooky: Kick back and relax with a one hour Swedish massage, round of golf and a late check-out at 2:00 p.m. Available Sunday through Thursday between April 1st and June 30th, rates start at $199.
- Girl’s Getaway: Perfect for a girlfriends retreat from the everyday, this special includes a relaxation massage, cocktail in the Restaurant at Alderbrook, overnight accommodations in a two bedroom cottage, a spa gift and a late 1:00 p.m. check-out. Available until June 30th, rates start at $175 per person.
For more information on any of the events above, please visit the resort’s event calendar. To read more about the accommodations packages, visit the Specials & Packages page on AlderbrookResort.com or call (360) 898-2200.
About Alderbrook Resort & Spa:
Alderbrook Resort & Spa evokes the calming spirit of the Hood Canal. Less than two hours west of Seattle, yet a world away from the everyday, the Resort is nestled on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal and is ideal for a getaway or conference retreat. Featuring 77 luxury guest rooms, 16 private one and two-bedroom cottages and three private guesthouses near the golf course, Alderbrook Resort & Spa’s thoughtfully appointed amenities include premium linens, soaking tubs, a world-class full-service spa, a waterfront pool, and a welcoming stone fireplace and library in the lobby, as well as access to the 54-foot luxury Lady Alderbrook cruise boat, the Hood Canal Marina and a neighboring PGA-class golf course and clubhouse. Named in the “Top 100 Best in the World” hotels and ranking number one of 10 of Resorts in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler in November 2012, “Top 10 Mainland Spas” by Condé Nast Traveler in June 2012 and “Best Resort” in 2012 by Evening Magazine, the Resort also houses The Restaurant at Alderbrook, which specializes in the region’s best local seafood and world-class wines. For more information, please visit http://www.alderbrookresort.com.