London, UK (PRWEB) May 03, 2013
In 2008-2012, the Malaysian defense expenditure grew at a CARG of almost 6.4%. In 2013, it is over USD 4.95 billion. The major growth drivers of the local defense industry are the participation of the country in UN peace keeping operations, territorial disputes and modernization of the country’s armed forces. Germany, Spain, Russia and France are the key military equipment suppliers to Malaysia. In 2013, the Malaysian defense budget is evaluated at approximately USD 4.9 billion. Ships accounted for almost 50% of the Malaysian defense imports in 2008-2012 given the counter threats and, thus, necessity to modernize its naval system.
The Malaysian defense market is future poised for growth at a CAGR of nearly 7.5% through 2018. Air defense systems, maritime defense equipment, air-to-air missiles and armed vehicles are expected to witness growth in demand in the years to come. Malaysia’s defense budget is predicted to grow at a CARG of more than 3.2% to climb to USD 5.9 billion in 2018.
New research report “Future of the Malaysian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018” developed by Strategic Defence Intelligence (SDI) has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: Future of the Malaysian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2018
Published: April, 2013
Price: US$ 1,250.00
The report covers the Malaysian defense industry in detail by providing in-depth analysis of the current state and historic background of the market and outlining future prospects for the market development. The study presents insightful overview of market participants, describes market opportunities and entry-strategies adopted by foreign original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The research benchmarks the industry against top global markets, and characterizes the key growth stimulators and evaluates the market attractiveness. The report also contains foreign trade statistics, five forces analysis and data on industry dynamics; reviews the possible market-entry ways; and traces most prominent contracts, alliances and strategic initiatives related to the industry. The competitive landscape is examined and top foreign and domestic companies are profiled in the study. Furthermore, future market outlook to 2018 is available.
Companies mentioned in the report include: Agusta Westland Malaysia Sdn Bhd, SME Ordnance Sdn Bhd (SMEO), Aircraft Inspection, Repair and Overhaul Depot (AIROD) Sdn Bhd, Boustead Naval Shipyard (BN Shipyard), Zetro Aerospace Corporation Sdn Bhd, Sapura Thales Electronics Sdn Bhd (STE), DRB Hicom Defence Technologies Sdn Bhd (DEFTECH), MMC Defence Sdn Bhd and Composite Technology Research Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
- Current, historical and forecast data on the Malaysian defense market.
- Analysis of the defense budget allocation (capital and defense expenditures).
- Homeland security market actual state and forecast.
- Benchmarking of the Malaysian defense industry against key global markets.
- Overview of the market opportunities together with key trends and growth stimulators.
- Evaluation of the market attractiveness.
- Defense procurement market dynamics.
- Industry dynamics and five forces analysis.
- Description of the market entry strategies including information on the market regulation, market entry routes and key challenges.
- Competitive scenario along with strategic insights.
- Profiles of the major market participants.
- Examination of the business environment and a snapshot of country risks.
- Future outlook for the industry through 2018.
More new market research reports by the publisher can be found at SDI page.