The surprising truth is that most well formulated skin-care products meant for adults can work great for babies, too.
Seattle, Washington (PRWEB) May 06, 2013
New moms have it rough. Even when dad pitches in, the minute-by-minute care a baby requires leads to less sleep, more stress, and much less time to take care of personal beauty needs. Add to that the question of what to use on a baby’s skin and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Cosmetics Cop Paula Begoun and the Paula’s Choice Research Team understand this dilemma and have come up with a carefully-selected list of gentle products that take great care of mom’s skin—and work beautifully for baby’s skin, too.
“The best thing a mom can do for her baby is to avoid buying skin-care products designed for babies,” says Begoun. “Such products are typically loaded with fragrance and dyes that their delicate skin doesn’t need.”
The surprising truth is that most well formulated skin-care products meant for adults can work great for babies, too; the trick is choosing those that are fragrance- and irritant-free. According to Paula’s Choice Team Member Bryan Barron, “Fragrance is a big problem for a baby’s skin. Using scented products may please a mom’s sense of smell, but it can make their tot’s sensitive, tender skin worse, not better.”
A simple routine of a cleanser, moisturizer, and (after six months of age), sunscreen are all that’s needed to keep skin soft and protected. Here are our top picks for products mom and baby can use:
These are great as facial cleansers for mom and head-to-toe cleansers for baby:
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser ($11.99)
- The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser, Sensitive Skin ($14.50)
- Paula’s Choice Earth Sourced Perfectly Natural Cleansing Gel ($16.95)
- pHisoderm Cream Cleanser, Sensitive Skin ($4.69)
Any of the body moisturizers below can be applied to baby’s facial skin too—they’re that gentle!
For the face:
- CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM ($12.99)
- Boots Expert Sensitive Light Moisturizing Lotion ($5.99)
- Paula’s Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer ($20.95)
For the body:
- Aveeno Skin Relief Overnight Cream ($9.39)
- Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Moisturizer ($15.99)
- Eucerin Daily Replenishing Lotion ($7.99)
- Kiss My Face Oat Protein Complex Sun Screen SPF 18 ($11.95)
- Clinique City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25 ($21)
- Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock SPF 30 ($8.99)
Reviews of these products plus expert advice on how to take the best care of skin from infancy through adulthood can be found at http://www.CosmeticsCop.com.
# # #
Led by best-selling author and beauty expert Paula Begoun, the Paula’s Choice Research Team evaluates and reviews hundreds of skin-care and makeup products, in books such as Don’t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me as well as online at CosmeticsCop.com. Combining cosmetics industry knowledge and expertise, Paula and her team have developed the Paula’s Choice line of state-of-the-art formulations based on reliable, published skin-care research. Products include skin-care, makeup, body and hair-care products, beauty tools, and accessories. All products are fragrance-free, cruelty free, and environmentally friendly.