SAE Fellowship status is the highest grade of membership bestowed by SAE International.
WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) May 08, 2013
21 engineers and scientists from industry and academia now have the prestigious SAE International status of “SAE Fellow”.
SAE Fellowship status is the highest grade of membership bestowed by SAE International. It recognizes outstanding engineering and scientific accomplishments by an individual that have resulted in meaningful advances in automotive, aerospace and commercial-vehicle technology. The program, established in 1975, recognizes an average of 20 worldwide recipients for this honor each year.
The 2013 recipients, listed in alphabetical order, include:
- Dr. Avinash K. Agarwal, Professor of Internal Combustion Engine, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kanpur
- Dr. Mehdi Ahmadian, Professor and Director, Center for Vehicle Systems & Safety, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech University
- Dr. Terrence Alger, Assistant Director of the Engine and Vehicle Research Division, Southwest Research Institute
- Dr. Choongsik Bae, Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- Dr. Eric W. Curtis, Technical Leader and Manager, Engine and Powertrain Systems Research, Powertrain Research and Advanced Laboratory, Ford Motor Company
- Dr. Mark F. Horstemeyer, CAVS Chair Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Mississippi State University
- Dr. Pega Hrnjak, Professor, Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Dr. Haoran Hu, Chief Scientist, Corporate Technology Office, Eaton Corporation
- Dr. Andrew Jackson, Professor of Practice, Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Tang-Wei Kuo, Lab Group Manager, Propulsion Systems Research Laboratory, General Motors Company
- Dr. Liguang Li, Professor, Vice Dean, School of Automotive Studies, Tongji University
- Berthold Martin, Senior Manager Advanced Transmission Engineering, Chrysler Group LLC
- Dr. Yasuhiro Matsui, Senior Chief Researcher, Vehicle Safety Research Department, National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory (NTSEL)
- Dr. Jesse Ruan, Technical Specialist, Vehicle Safety Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Motor Company
- Dr. John Turner, Team Leader - Tire Mechanics, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (retired)
- Dr. Robert M. Wagner, Director, Fuels Engines and Emissions Research Center, Energy and Transportation Science Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Brian H. West, Development Engineer and Deputy Director, NTRC, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Dr. Margaret S. Wooldridge, Professor, Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
- Dr. Alex Yezerets, Director of Catalyst Technology, Corporate Research & Technology, Cummins Inc.
- John A. Yurtin, Product Specialist, Packard Electrical/Electronic Architecture, Delphi Automotive
- Dr. Guoming G. Zhu, Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University
SAE International is a global association of more than 138,000 engineers and related technical experts served in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.