“There is no doubt that people love their dogs,” said Patty Sins, owner of On the Avenue Marketing Group, producer of the festival. “Through Pooch-A-Palooza, we are looking to create an event that will showcase this love."
Canton, MA (PRWEB) May 09, 2013
It’s a party for all breeds in Canton, MA when the first ever Pooch-A-Palooza Festival takes over Prowse Farm on June 22-23, 2013.
More than 10,000 attendees and many of their dogs will head to Prowse Farm at the base of the Blue Hills for this two-day outdoor family-friendly festival. Pooch-A-Palooza will feature live bands, a beer garden, cuisine from local food trucks, an interactive kids’ zone with crafts and games, a dog pavilion with agility performances, demos, and contests, a relaxing dog park, and a large vendor marketplace featuring one-of a kind goods and services appealing to dog and non-dog owners alike.
“There is no doubt that people love their dogs,” said Patty Sins, owner of On the Avenue Marketing Group, producer of the festival. “Through Pooch-A-Palooza, we are looking to create an event that will showcase this love, appealing to both dog owners and non-dog owners alike. Pooch-A-Palooza will offer a great weekend of fun, with food, music and many activities. And dogs are invited to all of it.”
Pooches will be a central theme throughout the weekend. The festival will feature performances from The Marvelous Mutts, a thrilling dog sport entertainment show that showcase some of the world's finest canine athletes.
Not a dog owner? The festival is designed to appeal without man’s best friend as well. Throughout the weekend there will be well known local bands on the main stage from The Motel Kings, The Groove Junkies, Joshua Tree, The Josh Logan Trio, Johnny Hoy and the Bluefish, as well as family favorites Steve Songs and Vanessa Trien. The full schedule of musical performances will be available soon at http://www.Pooch-A-Palooza.com.
In addition to music and dog performances, Pooch-A-Palooza offers a host of activities designed to appeal to people of all ages. Features of this first-time festival will include:
- Pooch Pavilion--- host to some of the most exciting dog entertainers around. Watch trained pups race through an obstacle course, leap high in the air to catch floating frisbees, and display their fanciest attire in the “best dressed dog” contest.
- Marketplace – from crafters to children’s products, jewelry and more, there’s certain to be something for everyone and their dog too. It’s the perfect place to find a treat for that special dog.
- Kids’ Activity Zone – Pooch-A-Palooza will feature a fun-filled day of entertainment, face painting, crafts and more. Children will have the opportunity to dress up their dogs in costumes of their choice and take home a keepsake.
- Food Alley– Every festival must have food – and Pooch-A-Palooza offers a wide variety of items for humans and dogs alike. Attendees can spend the day tasting cuisines from some of New England’s best Food Trucks and vendors, including the Chicken & Rice Guys, Boston’s Baddest Burger, Chicken on the Road, Fire N’ Slice, Shuckin Truck, Culinary Cruisers, Ocean Ave. Pops, and b.good.
- Beer Garden – For dog lovers 21 and older, Pooch-A-Palooza will feature a beer garden. Showcasing some of the best brews available in New England, this area will offer attendees a place to relax and enjoy the sunshine while soaking up all the excitement of the festival.
Advance tickets for Pooch-A-Palooza are on sale now. Ticket prices are $15 for adults, $8 for children and $12 for seniors. Dogs are admitted free of charge but must be leashed. Ticket prices day of the festival will be $20 for adults, $10 for children and $15 for seniors. To purchase advance tickets, visit http://www.Pooch-A-Palooza.com/tickets.
Throughout the month of April, select Petco stores around Greater Boston are offering coupons for $2.00 off the ticketed price. For a full list of participating stores, visit http://www.Pooch-A-Palooza.com/#!pooch-promos/clup.
Pooch-A-Palooza is sponsored by Petco, Target, The Norwood Theater, Treetop Artists, Verizon, TJX Companies, CBS Radio, Pepsi, Doody Calls, Bob’s Discount Furniture, Cadillac Village of Norwood, Chef Michael’s, Yogibo, and Linx Camps. For sponsorship or vendor opportunities, contact Kelly Wain at Kelly(at)ontheavenuemarketing(dot)com