Belize Lobsterfest - 2013
Placencia, Belize (PRWEB) May 14, 2013
The Placencia Lobsterfest is a grand celebration of the opening of the lobster season in Belize and attracts thousands of local and international visitors to the Placencia Peninsula. The manager of guest services at Chabil Mar, Tiffany Edwards, tells us about what to expect at Placencia Lobsterfest 2013.
"Of course there are lobster dishes of all types and recipes and each dish will be eligible to enter the Placencia Lobsterfest 2013 "Best Lobstah" Dish Competition. And for those not so keen on lobster, no worries. The food vendors have you covered with shrimp, fish, chicken, steak, pork and sumptuous vegetarian sides. Many of the cooks at the Placencia Lobsterfest come to the beach carrying years of strong family kitchen traditions. Food is Placencia’s ultimate cultural immersion experience. Taste Creole, Mayan, Garifuna, Caribbean, European, Asian and North American culinary influences at the leading gastronomic party in Belize."
"No Belize festival would be complete without Music. Popular local DJs, musicians and major headlining Belizean bands will have visitors and locals alike moving and shaking their feet in the sand throughout the weekend. Chabil Mar Resort will be featuring Garifuna drummers at their open-air beachside restaurant on Friday evening to compliment the weekend's event and then guests can stroll along the beach to the site of the official festivities."
Fun events for the entire family include:
- Game for kids
- Belikin beer drinking contest
- Biggest lobstah' competition
- Lionfish tournament
- Mr. & Ms. Physique
- Tipsy tuna toss
- Hot spicey wings eating contest
- Kayak racing
- Placencia Lobsterfest Classics
- Throw the cast net - A Placencia Lobsterfest original. Throw the cast net over the sand and try to scoop up a schilling!
- Reel in the kayak - That’s right! Grab a fishing rod and reel in a kayak with one person on board to shore!
- Fly fishing on the beach - Throw your fly fishing rod and land your fly in the center of a circle drawn in the sand. If you can do this, you are a real champ!
And don’t forget, remember it all with your very own 2013 Placencia Lobsterfest T-shirt.
"This is the most popular event of the season in Placencia. We expect a record breaking crowd for this year's event. Come join us for Placencia Belize Lobsterfest 2013."