Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) May 09, 2013
Alfresco, the open platform for business-critical content management and collaboration, today announced that Carlton Baab has joined the company as CFO as its global business accelerates. Baab brings more than 25 years of high growth experience in both public and private software companies. He will help lead financial corporate strategy from the company’s new Silicon Valley office opening in June.
“Carlton’s impressive track record and extensive experience in fund raising, acquisitions, public filings and international expansions made him the ideal candidate to manage continued growth,” said Doug Dennerline, CEO of Alfresco. “Carlton will help direct many of our critical activities as Alfresco accelerates product development in the cloud and we expand our enterprise customer base with new offerings.”
Having recently served as CFO for Lithium, a cloud-based social CRM company providing branded communities for customer engagement, Carlton managed 50 percent year-over-year revenue growth. He also served in the roles of COO and CFO of CKS Group, a company he took public and grew during his five-year tenure. Carlton holds an MBA from the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California.
"I’m excited to join the Alfresco team,” said Baab. “As we enter this next season, I’m very happy to get to be a part of the company’s growth with its hybrid ECM offerings and increased cloud development.”
Alfresco Business Momentum
The addition of Baab to the leadership team comes on the heels of Alfresco’s largest quarter ever and another strong year of growth. Selected highlights of Alfresco’s 2012 Fiscal Q4 (which ended on Feb. 28th, 2013) include:
- Addition of nearly 140 new enterprise customers, including Oxford University Press, LexisNexis, Penske Truck Leasing and US Patent & Trademark.
- Continued sales momentum with more than 50 percent new business growth in the Americas over Q4’2011.
- Acquisition of app vendor WeWebU to strengthen its portfolio of content-centric solutions for global enterprises on top of the Alfresco platform.
- The launch of new offerings in mobile and hybrid ECM, building on Alfresco’s Q3 announcement of being the first true Hybrid ECM platform.
- Selection as one of “Top 50 Tools to Run Your Business” by CRN Magazine. The editors noted that Alfresco’s open platform for business-critical document management is on the cutting edge of Cloud Services and described it as a rich, vibrant service model that helps SPs drive recurring revenue.
- Many new strategic hires including CEO, Doug Dennerline, to accelerate cloud and hybrid ECM expansion.
As the only solution that can connect people, content, systems and processes securely on both sides of the firewall, Alfresco addresses the complete lifecycle of corporate content by extending powerful hybrid ECM capabilities from behind the firewall to the cloud — and all the way to mobile devices.
Alfresco is how great businesses share, organize and protect their content. More than 7 million people in over 180 countries use Alfresco to collaborate and manage over 4 billion files worldwide. Whether on the go or in the office, Alfresco empowers today's teams to do great work. Founded in 2005, Alfresco is headquartered in London with U.S. headquarters in Atlanta. For more information about Alfresco please visit: http://alfresco.com.