“With more than fifteen years of experience in cloud and service provider operations, I’m looking forward to sharing the knowledge and best practices I’ve gleaned over the years with the HostingCon audience,” said Piraino.
Reston, VA (PRWEB) May 16, 2013
Antonio Piraino, Chief Technology Officer of ScienceLogic, a leading provider of Smart IT operations and cloud management software, will speak on four panel sessions at HostingCon held June 17-19, 2013 in Austin, Texas. Piraino’s speaking sessions include:
- Eliminating Noisy Neighbors and Optimizing Performance in the Cloud: Held on Monday, June 17 from 10:00-10:45 AM CST. Piraino will participate in a panel of five speakers including leaders from SoftLayer, Crucial Cloud Hosting, SolidFire, and Codero Hosting. These infrastructure experts will educate attendees on key hardware and software pain points and how to overcome these obstacles.
- Cloud Diversification: The Next Wave of Infrastructure Optimization: Also on Monday, from 1:15-2:00 PM CST, Piraino and Russ Broomell, VP of Operations at GlowTouch Technologies, along with a collection of industry experts, will discuss the innovative infrastructure configurations hosters can use to expand their infrastructure while delivering superior value and service to customers.
- Build or Buy? How to Grow Your Small to Mid-Sized Hosting Business: Tuesday, June 18 from 10:00-10:45 AM CST, Piraino will speak on another panel with thought leaders from DH Capital, NCC International, Rackspace Hosting, and Media Venture Partners, LLC. This session will feature a discussion of the pros and cons of implementing an organic growth strategy versus scaling business through mergers and acquisitions.
- How to Build a Cloud: Technologies, Pitfalls, and Challenges: On Wednesday, the final day of HostingCon, from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM CST, Piraino and other cloud experts from Dell, iWeb Inc, Flexiant, and OnApp will demonstrate several ways to build a cloud and enter the hosting market by creating the right strategy, making informed decisions, and obtaining insight into potential pitfalls.
“With more than fifteen years of experience in cloud and service provider operations, I’m looking forward to sharing the knowledge and best practices I’ve gleaned over the years with the HostingCon audience,” said Piraino. “HostingCon is three days packed with high impact, insightful information and I’m excited to contribute again this year.”
“HostingCon is designed for the web hosting and cloud services community so Antonio is a perfect fit to speak to that audience, given his wealth of knowledge and creative ideas,” said Philbert Shih, founder of Structure Research. “As a former colleague of Antonio’s I know he has a tremendous amount of information and interesting tips to share.”
The HostingCon 2013 conference will take place at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas, June 17 through June 19, 2013.
- ScienceLogic Platform: http://www.sciencelogic.com/product
- Follow Piraino on Twitter: @AntonioPiraino
- Follow ScienceLogic on Twitter: @ScienceLogic
- Read the ScienceLogic Blog: http://blog.sciencelogic.com/
- Like ScienceLogic on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ScienceLogic
- Request a ScienceLogic Demo: http://www.sciencelogic.com/demo
About the speaker
Antonio Piraino serves as the CTO of ScienceLogic, guiding the company’s IT management vision and product strategy. Antonio has more than 15 years of IT experience in sectors ranging from telecommunications to software development and came to ScienceLogic from Tier1 Research (a division of The 451 Group). As vice president and research director at Tier1, Antonio provided insight to service provider and enterprise clients, with a focus on data center, hosting, and cloud computing technology research. He has presented at a number of cloud computing conferences, including HostingCon, Up Cloud Computing Conference, MSP World, and Hosting and Cloud Transformation Summit. Antonio has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Natal in South Africa and an international MBA from Georgetown University. He is a member of The Society of Industry Professionals.
ScienceLogic is the award-winning developer of Smart IT™ software. Our mission is to empower companies to visualize, automate, and modernize their IT operations, maximizing efficiency and effectiveness with the operational intelligence needed to run the business smarter. We provide unified monitoring and management solutions for modern IT environments – from the data center to public, private, and hybrid clouds – and deliver the scale, security, automation, and resiliency necessary to simplify the exponentially harder task of managing resources, services, and applications that are constantly in motion.
ScienceLogic won InfoWorld’s 2013 Technology of the Year award, Best of Interop 2013, Red Herring Global 100 Award, Red Herring Top 100 North America Award, Deloitte’s 2012 Technology Fast 500™, and MSPmentor 250 among others. ScienceLogic is a selected Network Management Module in the Cisco Smart Business Architecture; Registered Developer in the Cisco Developer Network Program; certified by VCE as Vblock Ready; certified as VMware Ready and a VMware Elite Technology Alliance Partner; Dell Independent Software Vendor partner; NetApp Platinum Elite Partner. For more information, visit http://www.sciencelogic.com.
ScienceLogic is a trademark of ScienceLogic Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other company, product and service marks may be trademarks or service marks of others.