The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) reports once again that Canada’s housing market remains stable and balanced. Home sales across the country were up slightly in the month of April on a month-over-month basis.
Toronto, Canada (PRWEB) May 16, 2013
Condo.ca—Canada’s Condominium Magazine—this week reported on a stable condominium market, despite the investor wild card. According to the report, everything is cool in Toronto’s condo market, according to cool, calm Benjamin Tal, deputy chief economist of CIBC World Market, if you look at the situation in context. Tal has consistently taken the view that the prophets of doom in the media were mistaken when predicting a US-style real estate crash in Canada. Last fall, for instance, he said in a report that anyone who compared the Canadian real estate market with the pre-crash American market suffered from a “deep misunderstanding” of those markets. And today he reiterates that “zooming in” on the condo market for the sake of simplicity, as some commentators have done, without an understanding of the “broader housing market,” can easily lead to a misdiagnosis. Read more on Condo.ca…
Other highlights this week in Condo.ca—Canada’s Condominium Magazine:
National home sales rose 0.6 per cent in April: CREA
The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) reports once again that Canada’s housing market remains stable and balanced. Home sales across the country were up slightly in the month of April on a month-over-month basis. Compared to March, there were 0.6 per cent more sales nationwide; compared to April 2012, however, there were 3.1 per cent fewer sales. The monthly improvement in homes sales was seen in more than half of local markets, led, CREA says, by the GTA, Winnipeg, Victoria and Calgary. Read more…
Condo.ca is all about living and lifestyle. Thousands of subscribers and readers rely on Condo.ca’s in-depth coverage of the condominium scene and urban living each week. Condo.ca is committed to following and discussing the trends: urban lifestyle, design and neighborhoods, with a special focus on inspiration. Our daily news beats include:
- Market News: daily news with a focus on real estate, finance and the marketplace.
- Green Living: environment-friendly stories, latest technologies, and tips and how tos.
- Urban Living: features on the downtown scene.
- Decor and Design: interior design tips, how-tos and features
- Communities and Condominiums: our coverage of new communities coming into the market.
- Great Toronto Scene: special coverage of the GTA scene.
- Ask the Expert: you ask your questions, related to condos, we try to find an expert to answer you.
- Ask the Lawyer: you ask your legal-oriented questions, we try to find a lawyer to answer.
- Ask the Designer: Stella Salvadore, interior designer, answers your design questions (please be sure to post pictures!)