(PRWEB) June 11, 2013
An airport shuttle rear-ended a tractor-trailer injuring more than a dozen people. Atlanta personal injury lawyer Greg Stokes of Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A. says, in cases like this, if any of the passengers believe they were seriously injured, there are steps they should take. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (5.24.13) reported that the 18-wheel truck was making a legal “U” turn when the shuttle hit its trailer.
“People involved in an airport shuttle accident are especially vulnerable to serious injuries,” said Stokes, a founder of the respected Atlanta personal injury law firm. “Many passengers are not wearing seatbelts and suitcases and other items can become projectiles inside the vehicle.”
According to the Atlanta personal injury attorney, after an airport or hotel shuttle accident:
1. Seek immediate medical attention. Even if injuries are not apparent, get a checkup by a medical professional. After a traumatic event, shocked individuals may not be able to feel the pain of their injuries until hours or even days after an accident.
2. Contact a reputable personal injury lawyer with extensive experience in handling vehicular accident cases. A professional legal representative will know what to file and when and can help navigate the process of receiving maximum compensation for accident injuries while protecting rights to compensation.
3. Ask for information from witnesses and-or other injured shuttle bus passengers. Evidence can strengthen a case and increase chances of compensation for injuries.
4. Get the bus driver's information. As the situation allows, ask the driver for name/driver number, contact information, and insurance documentation.
5. Gather evidence. Take pictures and write down all observations of event, injuries and damage, as possible.
6. Do not talk to the other party, including the shuttle driver and insurance companies. The best response is to inform them to speak only to your attorney. Any statements made may be used by insurance companies to their advantage
Shuttle or bus accident litigation can be complex. An experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer can help preserve evidence, collect witness information, and conduct an independent investigation as to the cause of the accident, and what parties may be liable. Multiple parties may be responsible. A lawyer can also engage in negotiations with insurance companies. Most injury claims handled by lawyers result in a significantly higher settlement than when a victim handles a claim on his or her own.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a shuttle accident or other vehicular accident, contact the attorneys at Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A.in Atlanta. The firm’s personal injury lawyers have helped many individuals, and/or their loved ones, obtain the compensation they deserve following accidents in Georgia. Contact Stokes & Kopitsky at 404-857-4762.
About Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A:
Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A. is a leading personal injury firm serving Atlanta and other areas of Georgia. The firm has successfully represented thousands of clients who have been injured due to the negligence of others. Clients are given personal attention from lawyers who make every effort to win them the maximum level of compensation, as well as the justice they deserve. To schedule a free consultation with an experienced Atlanta personal injury attorney, contact Stokes & Kopitsky, P.A. at:
Stokes & Kopitsky, PA 1175 Peachtree Street NE 100 Colony Square Suite 820 Atlanta, GA 30361 404-892-0014