According to the National Interagency Fire Center, there were about 8,000 wildfires in California last year. This statistic may be surpassed this season, because just recently, thousands of residents were evacuated from their homes due to wildfires.
Los Alamitos, CA (PRWEB) June 12, 2013
According to the National Interagency Fire Center, there were about 8,000 wildfires in California last year. This statistic may be surpassed this season, because just recently, thousands of residents were evacuated from their homes due to wildfires. The natural disasters destroyed miles and miles of land in the southern part of the state. The intensity of the blazes was heightened due to strong winds and the dry, hot weather. Since it is only just the beginning of the summer, the agents at Mstar Insurance encourage residents to prepare sooner rather than later for the possibility of more wildfires.
Those living in California should understand that a variety of natural disasters take place throughout the year. However, the summer season brings about lots of wildfires. Whether they are sparked accidently or by a storm, it is important to remain prepared for the worst. Mstar Insurance is providing tips to homeowners on how they can secure their properties and devise a family plan if an evacuation takes place:
- If a fire sparks, contact the local fire department for immediate help.
- Pay attention to local weather alerts to see if the area is in danger.
- Teach children about fire safety outside and inside of the home.
- Set up a list of fire emergency contact numbers for everyone to use.
- Plan escape routes away from home by car and by foot.
- Install dual-sensor smoke alarms on all levels of the house and maintain them regularly.
- Teach loved ones how to use a fire extinguisher in case of a fire.
- Install protective shutters or fire-resistant drapes if the neighborhood is at high risk of wildfires.
- If advised to evacuate by officials, do so immediately.
- When leaving, lock the doors, shut off all utilities, and wear protective clothing.
- Take an emergency supplies kit with upon heading to safer grounds.
- Don't return home until you have been told it is safe to do so.
The agents at Mstar Insurance are concerned about the wellbeing of the community. They hope that by following these tips and learning more about wildfires from local officials, families and their properties can remain safe. If those living in southern California are concerned about the security of their residences, having homeowners insurance from Mstar Insurance may help. The team is ready and willing to help those with specific needs. They will take a look at different risk exposures and create a package that is customized and personalized. Contact the friendly agents today at 888-411-3145 for more information and a free quote!
About Mstar Insurance:
Mstar Insurance is a full service insurance agency with over 20 years of experience serving clients in California. They will take the time to understand the needs of the community and match the proper coverage to those needs. Whether customers need to make a policy change, have a question about billing or need to report a claim, their customer service representatives are the best in business and will handle customer requests professionally and quickly. The agents pride themselves in the experience they bring customers when they combine knowledge and passion. Don’t let dreams go unprotected any longer. Get well-deserved protection by contacting Mstar Insurance today.