Get your fill – participate or spectate at the resort’s annual crab cake eating contest.
Cambridge, MD (PRWEB) June 17, 2013
For crab lovers, the ultimate summer escape is almost here, filled with incredible crab-inspired feasts, activities and fun. During Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort’s Fourth Annual Crab Week, August 16-30, guests celebrate Maryland’s summer crown jewel, the blue crab. All while enjoying 55 percent off regular rates at the luxurious Eastern Shore resort, when staying under the Sunshine on Sale package.
A beachside barbecue and crab feast starts the two-week celebration, highlights of which include:
- Let the feasting begin! Overnight guests are welcomed with a complimentary gift of Old Bay seasoning.
- Learn to catch (and crack!) your own crabs, and how to prepare them during daily crab cooking demos.
- Glean summer entertaining tips from Amanda McClements, food writer and owner of DC’s stylish new Union Market boutique Salt & Sundry. (Aug. 28)
- Taste crab specialties as the newest food truck sensation rolls in, Feelin’ Crabby. (Aug. 23 & 24)
- Partake in an exclusive tour and feast at J.M Clayton Company, the world’s oldest crab house (Aug. 24)
- Get your fill – participate or spectate at the resort’s annual crab cake eating contest.
- Swing into action during River Marsh Golf Club’s Crabby Cup, a nine-hole golf tournament (Aug. 24)
- Sip and swirl, discovering the best wine and local craft beers to pair with crab dishes.
- Savor special crab dishes galore at the resort’s multiple dining destinations.
- Permit the kids to be crabby! Delight in a crabby tattoo parlor, seaworthy ‘dive-in’ movies, a crab walk frenzy and marine animal pool races through our Camp Hyatt kids programs.
Crab Week guests staying under the Sunshine on Sale package receive a third night free, when staying two nights at regular rates, as well as free daily breakfast for two. Overnight rates start at $259 per night during the summer season. Sunshine on Sale is available through December 30, 2013, and is based on double occupancy, subject to availability. Taxes and resort fee additional. Reservations must be made in advance. To book this package, please call 800.633.7313 or visit chesapeakebay.hyatt.com.
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina
The Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina is the premier Four Diamond resort of the Chesapeake Bay. The property, which recently completed a seven-million-dollar renovation, is nestled on 342 magnificent acres along the Choptank River, and features 400 luxurious rooms and suites. Among amenities are six superb dining options; an award-winning, 18-hole championship golf course; the 150-slip River Marsh Marina; and the newly renovated Sago Spa & Salon; multi-level indoor and outdoor swimming pools; a fitness facility, and a children's recreation center.