"Avatar awards celebrate a consistent effort to improve quality and patient satisfaction," said QHR President and CEO James L. Horrar.
Brentwood, Tenn. (PRWEB) June 19, 2013
19 Quorum Health Resources (QHR) client hospitals were recognized for success in quality at the 2013 Avatar Annual Symposium on May 29, 2013 in Orlando, FL. One of QHR's clients, Calais Regional Hospital (Calais, ME), received an Overall Best Performer award along with three other Avatar awards including: Exemplary Service- Emergency (Most Improved), Exemplary Service- Loyalty and Endorsement- Emergency (Most Improved) and Exceeding Patient Expectations.
Calais Regional Hospital's Chief Executive Officer Mike Lally said, "This recognition is a credit to all our employees, physicians and volunteers that work in the hospital. We are quite fortunate to have such a great team and I firmly believe that being a small community hospital is a strength--it offers us the opportunity to provide compassionate, personalized care close to home.”
"Avatar award winners are leading their peers in their dedication to service excellence and performance in healthcare," said Jeff Brady, CEO and President of Avatar Solutions. "The awards signify that these organizations used information gathered from their patients to improve the quality of care available at their organization."
QHR client hospital award recipients include:
- Calais Regional Hospital (Calais, ME)
- Cary Medical Center (Caribou, ME)
- Franklin Foundation Hospital (Franklin, LA)
- Gonzales Healthcare Systems (Gonzales, TX)
- Homer Memorial Hospital (Homer, LA)
- Littleton Regional Healthcare (Littleton, NH)
- Matagorda Regional Hospital (Bay City, TX)
- Montrose Memorial Hospital (Montrose, CO)
- Mount San Rafael Hospital (Trinidad, CO)
- Nevada Regional Medical Center (Nevada, MO)
- North Valley Hospital (Whitefish, MT)
- Northwestern Medical Center (St. Albans, VT)
- Ohio County Hospital (Hartford, KY)
- Parkview Medical Center (Pueblo, CO)
- Phelps Memorial Health Center (Holdrege, NE)
- Sullivan County Community Hospital (Sullivan, IN)
- Trigg County Hospital (Cadiz, KY)
"Avatar awards celebrate a consistent effort to improve quality and patient satisfaction," said QHR President and CEO James L. Horrar. "We are proud to partner with hospitals who are committed to achieve excellent patient experiences."
Avatar awards are based on the results of the hospital's 2012 patient surveys. QHR clients were recognized for various Avatar awards including: Exemplary Service - Overall Best Performer, Five Star Service, Exemplary Service- Most Improved, Exceeding Patient Expectations, Exemplary Service- Most Improved Loyalty and Endorsement, Five Star Service- Loyalty and Endorsement, HCAHPS Best Performer, HCAHPS Most Improved. For more information on the awards and criteria please visit http://www.avatarsymposium.com/awards.cfm.
About QHR (Quorum Health Resources)
QHR (Quorum Health Resources) has provided consulting, management and education resources to hospitals and health systems for three decades. QHR is the market leader in hospital management, serving more than 700 hospitals over the past 3 decades. As a consulting resource, QHR is the fifth largest healthcare management consulting firm in the U.S., and the QHR Learning Institute reaches nearly 15,000 healthcare professionals each year. For more information, go to http://www.qhr.com.