Utilizing Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange, a tested and proven LTE roaming hub, has become a critical element in our ability to quickly and efficiently roll-out high quality LTE roaming services.
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) June 18, 2013
Aicent, a leading provider of mobile data network services and solutions for global mobile operators, today announced the successful implementation of their LTE Roaming Exchange solution with leading mobile operators SK Telecom and Globe Telecom, giving their mobile subscribers seamless connectivity over 4G LTE as they travel between South Korea and the Philippines.
- Through Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange solution both SK Telecom and Globe Telecom can create a continuous roaming experience for their subscribers as they travel between South Korea and the Philippines by offering them transparent and automatic access to their high speed next-generation LTE data services.
- Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange is built upon their IPX Transport service supporting multiple Class of Service and end-to-end QoS allowing SK Telecom and Globe Telecom’s subscribers to seamlessly access the quality LTE services they have become accustomed to within their home network.
- By implementing Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange, both SK Telecom and Globe Telecom have instant connectivity, through a single IP connection, to more than 47 LTE operators located throughout the globe via Aicent’s extensive network of operators.
- Young Sub Kim, Vice President, Head of Collaboration Marketing Office
“A leader in the commercialization of LTE roaming services, SK Telecom is dedicated to continuing the expansion of our LTE roaming network through strategic partnerships with global mobile operators. Utilizing Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange, a tested and proven LTE roaming hub, has become a critical element in our ability to quickly and efficiently roll-out high quality LTE roaming subscriber services.”
- Rizza Maniego-Eala, Head of the International Business Group, Globe Telecom
“As a leading LTE operator in the Philippines, it has become increasingly important that we support our growing base of LTE subscribers both domestically and internationally. By creating a roaming bridge with SK Telecom through Aicent’s LTE Roaming solution, we are able to broaden our LTE coverage to South Korea while offering our subscribers a quality mobile experience over LTE.”
- MK Chang, Vice President, Product Marketing
"The commitment by SK Telecom and Globe Telecom to continue their adoption and integration of LTE roaming technologies reinforces their positions as global leaders in the advancement of 4G LTE solutions. We are pleased that Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange was selected by both operators to create a trusted LTE gateway between their two networks."
Aicent, LTE Roaming, LTE, IPX Transport, SK Telecom, Globe Telecom, 4G
Serving more than three billion mobile users around the world, Aicent, Inc., a TL 9000 certified organization, is a leading IPX provider of data network services and solutions for global mobile operators. To enable interoperability between Aicent customers and other networks, Aicent operates one of the largest mobile IPX network exchanges connecting to over 200 operators, including ten of the worlds’ largest. Through extensive peering arrangements, the Aicent network reaches nearly all 3G and 4G LTE operators around the world. The company's global IPX network operates an integrated mobile messaging exchange, value added data roaming and global reach infrastructure services, including the world’s first and largest multimedia messaging exchange, designed to help carriers maximize revenue opportunities. For more information, visit http://www.aicent.com.