"We're in one of the most exciting, business opportunities in the history of wealth management."
Pasadena, California (PRWEB) June 20, 2013
The Institute for Preparing Heirs® (IPH) will hold its hallmark professional development program, "The Great Wealth Transfer: Attracting, Engaging & Retaining MultiGenerational Families", July 28-30, 2013, at Pepperdine University in Malibu, Ca.
Developed exclusively for top-tier financial advisors, family office executives and estate planning attorneys, this one-of-a-kind program is led by a world-class faculty who are experts and leaders on topics of non-financial issues surrounding generational wealth transfer. The focus is on current research, strategies and actions for engaging families in conversations about the impact of family dynamics on successful wealth transfer, and the new role for the wealth advisor in preparing heirs.
According to faculty member, Vic Preisser, co-author of the book Preparing Heirs and co-founder of IPH, “We’re in one of the most exciting, business growth opportunities in the history of wealth management. While trillions of dollars in assets are transferring from one generation to the next over the next several decades, advisors are challenged by the fact that the majority of heirs promptly change advisors upon receiving their inheritance. An advisor’s ability to capture multigenerational assets will require making a genuine connection with the family's adult children before the assets transfer.”
Participants will leave “The Great Wealth Transfer” program with a solid understanding of:
- Opportunities advisors can bring to families about the risks and reasons for failed wealth transfers, beyond the money
- New conversations and conversation-starter tools for use with families, or families can use on their own, to foster communication, build trust and strengthen family cohesion
- Family meeting guidelines for creating conversations to prepare for wealth transition. Attendees will receive complimentary copies of the Institute’s new book, Family Meetings, that answers many questions asked by families seeking greater family unity.
- How to use the topic of charitable giving to engage the entire family
- How to use family financial education to prepare heirs to manage wealth
- Impact of health and wellness to shaping family priorities and planning
- Actions every advisor can take immediately to differentiate their practice from competitors
The program format combines lecture with practical application. Practice management peer group learning is led by skilled facilitators where participants discuss new ideas and strategies, and develop an action plan tailored specifically for the advisor's business.
Headquartered in Pasadena, CA, IPH’s mission is to bring advisors and families closer together by providing advisors with training, tools, and on-going support to prepare families for successful generational wealth transfer.
Enroll today! Early enrollment discount ends June 30. For more information, call 626-389-8664 or email contact(at)preparingheirs(dot)com. Includes a one-year IPH membership with access to IPH’s tools and resources to help grow the advisor’s practice. In addition, financial advisors earn IMCA and CFP continuing education credits for attending.