The cloud has the potential to connect workflow vendors, partners, and customers in a radical new way, and deliver an ecosystem of easily deployable solutions that help service providers navigate in increasingly competitive and complex markets.
Weymouth, MA (PRWEB) June 20, 2013
Cloud computing is making strong inroads in the print production software market as it delivers radical benefits for print service providers, software vendors and end-users. While many vendors have started experimenting with cloud computing, many fundamental questions about how cloud-based workflows drive next-generation print workflows have yet to be answered.
In a new study entitled Cloud-based Workflows & Infrastructures for Graphic Communications, InfoTrends will explore the potential of the cloud for industry transformation while taking into account the unique requirements of professional production of graphic communications. The study is aimed at workflow vendors and print service providers that want to develop, select, sell or implement cutting-edge cloud workflow solutions.
Kaspar Roos, associate director at InfoTrends, comments “The cloud has the potential to connect workflow vendors, partners, and customers in a radical new way, and deliver an ecosystem of easily deployable solutions that help service providers navigate in increasingly competitive and complex markets. As we have seen in other industries, the cloud can bring unprecedented levels of value, and our new study aims to help subscribers achieve precisely this.”
The research will be conducted in the US, and selected countries in Western Europe and Asia Pacific. It consists of a structured web component as well as in-depth interviews with leading service providers, workflow vendors, distributors, cloud-infrastructure providers, and legal experts. The study focuses on graphic communications, which includes commercial, wide format, direct mail, and other segments.
Key topics include:
- Key challenges and barriers in adoption and implementation
- Current cloud uptake and future trends
- Current and future state of IT infrastructures, cost insights, readiness for IaaS and private clouds
- PSP workflow spending behavior; preferences for owning, renting and pay-per-use
- Business model, licensing, pricing and selling strategies
- Cloud suitability and expected migration by print and marketing-related applications, as well as by workflow category
- Overview and key offerings of leading cloud-infrastructure providers
- Role of distributors / integrators in cloud deployment
- Major legal and expected future legal requirements in key geographies
- Future direction of cloud workflows; cloud-based app networks
- Lessons from other industries
InfoTrends, a Questex company, is the leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm for the digital imaging and document solutions industry. We provide research, analysis, forecasts, and advice to help clients understand market trends, identify opportunities, and develop strategies to grow their businesses. Additional information about InfoTrends is available on the Web at http://www.infotrends.com.
For media inquiries contact Donna O'Malley at +1-781-616-2116 or email donna.omalley(at)infotrends(dot)com.