“Starting up your own cinema is very exciting. But it can also quickly become a money drain. Working with experts in the cinema industry can help you understand where to spend your time, money and attention for optimal results."
Melbourne, Australia (PRWEB) June 21, 2013
According to the leading cinema equipment supplier, there are few vital steps new cinema owners should take before they open their doors to ensure their cinema's success.
"If you're new to the cinema industry, chances are you're looking for ways to increase your cinema's performance. When you first start out, it can be hard to get things moving, but with the right knowledge and the right equipment, you’ll be off to a flying start,” said Brian Ross, General Manager at Specialty Cinema.
Specialty Cinema has provided the following tips on starting a new cinema:
1. Plan! Planning is critical and can either make or break your cinema. Most importantly, ensure your sight lines and room acoustics are well thought out. Having to fix these later down the track can be a costly mistake, and will have left your first few patrons with a very bad impression.
2. Ensure your cinema meets all of the relevant safety requirements and fire codes. This is definitely not something you want to worry about AFTER your doors have opened...
3. If you have a limited budget, invest in proper, high-quality equipment rather than gimmicks and design. Your patrons are there to see a movie: if the quality is not up to scratch, they'll just go to one of your competitors next time.
4. Once your doors have opened, most of the hard work is done... but don't become complacent yet! You'll need to keep a close eye on the state of your equipment and ensure it is serviced regularly.
5. Get the word out - without customers, your cinema won't be much of a success. You'll need to put your marketing hat one - or hire someone with the right expertise.
“Starting up your own cinema is very exciting. But it can also quickly become a money drain. Working with experts in the cinema industry can help you understand where to spend your time, money and attention for optimal results,” said Brian Ross.
About Specialty Group Pty Ltd:
Since 1969, Specialty Group has been providing theatre, stage and cinema equipment and services to the performing arts and cinema exhibition industries in Australia, New Zealand and 28 countries around the world. Specialty Group operates under the Specialty Theatre (http://www.specialtytheatre.com) and Specialty Cinema (http://www.specialtycinema.com) brand names.