Charlotte, N.C. (PRWEB) June 20, 2013
Harris Teeter Together in Education (TIE) donated $691,572.79 to participating TIE schools during the final of three payouts of the 2012/2013 school year, raising the program total to $19,460,282 since 1998.
Harris Teeter’s ongoing commitment to education dates back to its co-founder W.T. Harris who, in the 1960s, advocated for kindergarten to be a part of North Carolina’s public school system. When W.T. Harris retired, the company continued to support excellence in education, and in 1998, Harris Teeter’s leadership formalized a plan to fund school programs in its marketing areas. What resulted was TIE - Harris Teeter’s promise to the community to donate money back to schools when customers purchase Harris Teeter Brands or fill prescriptions at a Harris Teeter pharmacy.
It is easy for both customers and schools to get involved in Together in Education. Schools or school programs register for a TIE code on harristeeter.com, and customers then link their VIC card to up to five of those TIE codes anytime between Aug. 1 and May 1 of every school year. Once the VIC card is linked, every time a customer purchases Harris Teeter Brands or fills a prescription at a Harris Teeter pharmacy, Harris Teeter donates money back to the school(s) to which the customer’s VIC card is linked. The sooner customers link their VIC card to a TIE code during a given school year, the more money they can earn for their selected school(s).
Harris Teeter Together in Education distributes money to TIE schools and programs three times per school year, in December, March and June. Harris Teeter donated over $38,300 to the top 10 earning schools during the final payout of the school year; a total of 3,385 schools earned a check, averaging $204 per school.
Top Earning Schools, Third Payout:
1. Barcroft Elementary School- Arlington, Va.: $7,225.17
2. Grimsley Senior High Choral Program- Greensboro, N.C.: $4902.55
3. Drew Model Elementary School- Arlington, Va.: $4367.65
4. Arlington Science Focus School- Arlington, Va.: $4350.37
5. Page High School- Greensboro, N.C.: $3936.67
6. Randolph Elementary School PTA- Arlington, Va.: $3154.97
7. Providence High School Rugby Club- Charlotte, N.C.: $2924.91
8. Providence High School PTSO- Charlotte, N.C: $2601.20
9. Kate Waller Barrett Elementary School- Arlington, Va.: $2484.03
10. Charlotte Country Day School- Charlotte, N.C.: $2455.08
For more information about Harris Teeter Together in Education, visit harristeeter.com.