Israel is a major contributor to the global mobile tech scene, and the Israel Mobile Summit is a full day celebration of our local industry.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Tel Aviv (PRWEB) April 18, 2013
Israel Mobile Summit (http://www.israelmobilesummit.com), the most important mobile industry event in Israel, today announced the preliminary lineup of speakers and panelists for the 2013 summit to be held at the YesPlanet in Rishon Lezion on June 11, 2013. Now in its third year, the 2013 Israel Mobile Summit will have speakers and panels in three tracks: Mobile Innovation, Mobile Monetization, Mobile Development and User Experience. A part of Israel Mobile Week, the Israel Mobile Summit also features an innovation showcase and contest to find this year’s hottest Israeli mobile startups and professional networking opportunities.
The Israel Mobile Summit also announced today its call for entries to the Mobile Startup Contest. Also in its third year, the Startup Contest has become a primary launching pad for Israeli mobile startups. The winner of the Contest is selected by an A-List panel of mobile influencer judges, and will pitch their business or technology to attendees of the Summit, as well as win a booth inside the Summit’s innovation showcase. Scores of young companies have participated in the Mobile Startup Contest since its inception. Entries are being accepted through May 16. Contest rules and online entry form is available at http://www.israelmobilesummit.com/startup-contest.
“Israel is a major contributor to the global mobile tech scene, and the Israel Mobile Summit is a full day celebration of our local industry,” said Ofir Leitner, founder of Mobile Monday Tel Aviv and the executive director of the Israel Mobile Summit. “This year the summit will be bigger than ever, and sponsors and speakers are joining us from all over the world. Israel Mobile Summit attendees have included entrepreneurs, executives from major mobile corporations, venture capitalists, developers and many others from the Israeli and global mobile ecosystem.”
Since its first event in 2011, the Israel Mobile Summit has been growing increasingly popular among mobile industry professionals from outside Israel. Because of the large international participation, the Summit is conducted entirely in English. The 2012 Summit featured speakers from 14 countries in North America, Europe, India and Asia, and had hundreds of attendees from outside Israel. This year’s roster of speakers showcases the international appeal of the Israel Mobile Summit with industry leaders from the United States, Great Britain, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan and Singapore.
Speakers and panelists of the 2013 Israel Mobile Summit include:
- Daniel Brandt, Sales Director, BuzzCity
- Andrew Bud, Chairman, MEF (Mobile Entertainment Forum)
- Chiaren Cushing, Director, Global Business Development - Ecosystem, Qualcomm
- Bruno Fernandez-Ruiz, VP of Personalization & Targeting, Yahoo!
- Luca Filigheddu, Developer Evangelist, BlackBerry
- Ran Haklai, General Manager, uTest Israel
- Guy Horowitz, Head of Israel, Corporate BD, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Doron Kagan, Founder & Biz-Dev, Deemedya
- Tim Koschella, Co-Founder & Managing Director, AppLift
- Zohar Levkovitz, Co-Founder, Amobee (Acquired by SingTel)
- Gigi Levy, Angel Invesor
- Doron Nir, Co-Founder, CEO at HappySale
- Daizo Nishitani, Chairman, iMedia Japan
- Eric Reiss, CEO, FatDUX Group (Will deliver the Lean UX Workshop on June.13)
- Jeff Robinson, Chief Evangelist, Webtradex (Delivers The Perfect Pitch Workshop)
- Levi Shapiro, Partner, TMT Strategic Advisors
- Izhar Shay, General Partner, Canaan Partners
- Eran Shir, Head, Creative Innovation Center, Yahoo! (and Co-founder of Dapper)
- Eden Shochat, Serial Entrepreneur and Investor
- Jana Sievers, Head of Global Supply, Madvertise
- Lup Yuen Lee, CTO, SingTel L!feLabs
Israel Mobility Week runs from Sunday, June 9 to Thursday, June 13 and is packed with professional development and networking events in addition to the day long Israel Mobile Summit. Led by venture capitalist Jeff Robinson, The Perfect Pitch Workshop teaches entrepreneurs the art of presenting their company to investors, prospective customers and other audiences. Usability and user experience expert and author Eric Reiss will conduct the UX Workshop, teaching his “three E’s” of usability: ease, elegancy and empathy.
To register for the summit, visit http://www.israelmobilesummit.com/registration. Early bird registration is available through May 18. Businesses seeking information on sponsoring the summit should visit http://www.israelmobilesummit.com/join-as-a-sponsor.
About the Israel Mobile Summit
Now in its third year, the Israel Mobile Summit is the most important mobile industry event in Israel. Attendees from a wide range of mobile industry professions and companies come to the summit to hear presentations by mobile industry leaders from all over the globe -- including North America, Europe, India and Asia. The 2013 summit features keynote presentations and panels in four tracks spanning mobile innovation, monetization, development and games; a mobile startup competition; exhibit of promising startups and technologies; and industry networking opportunities. For more information visit http://www.israelmobilesummit.com.
# # #