New York, NY (PRWEB) May 3, 2009
If you're still looking for the perfect present for Mother's Day, consider a day trip or weekend retreat with your wife or mom. Escapemaker.com offers a wide range of choices for a quick getaway with the special woman in your life. The site provides an extensive online guide to destinations, lodgings, events and affordable vacation packages, all within a day's drive or train ride of New York City, Philadelphia, Boston and Washington, D.C.
Here are Escapemaker.com's Top 5 Quick Mother's Day Getaways
1. For a romantic weekend for just the two of you, consider the "Quiet Time on Cape Cod" package from the Tern Inn in Massachusetts. The inn is a short walk from Nantucket Sound and the staff will help reserve bikes, kayaks, and dinner. Packages from $200.
2. Another option is the Harmony Hill Lodging and Retreat Center, located in the Catskills of New York. The Center offers cozy mountain chalets and tree house yurts, hiking trails and healing arts. Packages from $310 per couple.
3. Looking for a shore thing? The Reges Oceanfront Resort in Wildwood, New Jersey has a Mother's Day Weekend Special for $275 per couple. The package includes 2 nights' accommodations in an oceanfront room, full breakfast each morning, one dinner for two, and 6pm checkout on Sunday.
4. Want to leave the kids home with Dad? The Inn at Jim Thorpe in Pennsylvania offers a Girlfriends Spa Getaway starting at $289 per person. The package includes two nights at the Inn, spa services, some meals and a bottle of wine. Activities in the area include biking, rafting and paintball.
5. Treat your mom (or dad) to a Hudson Valley retreat. The "Mothers and Fathers Stay Free" package is available when sharing a room with a paying adult through June 30th at The Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz, New York. This all-inclusive resort with an award-winning spa on-site offers packages for $255 per night - a retreat that's sure to please!
Quick getaways don't have to end with Mother's Day. "EscapeMaker offers many suggestions for planning trips that are close to home but far from the stresses of plane travel," said Caylin Sanders, President and CEO of EscapeMaker.com. "With long lines at security, added fees from airlines on everything from headphones to baggage, and other hassles that come with air travel, there's never been a better time to plan a trip that's accessible by car, bus or train. We offer visitors more than 90 destination profiles, as well as hundreds of weekend getaway and day trip ideas based on theme and travel distance from their city of origin."
Other features on EscapeMaker include a monthly weekend getaway contest, a blog and Twitter page with last minute local travel alerts (http://www.twitter.com/escapemaker), a forum for users to post questions, and an itinerary feature where users can save events and businesses and submit comments on their own local travel experiences. Complete information can be found at http://www.escapemaker.com
# # #