We’re committed to reducing our ecological footprint and finding ways to create a more efficient and sustainable business environment.
McLean, VA (Vocus) April 23, 2010
In recognition of Earth Day, Avectra, the leading provider of association management software, revealed today a series of company-wide actions taken over the last year to become more ecologically friendly.
“From taking simple steps, such as supplying our employees with reusable coffee mugs and water bottles, to more complex actions, such as moving our hosting services to an energy-conserving data facility, we are demonstrating our commitment to reduce our environmental impact,” said Vladimir Kholunov, who led the company’s greening efforts. “These changes have a significant impact on the amount of energy Avectra consumes.”
Since July 2009, Avectra has reviewed and implemented sustainable initiatives across all levels of the company. The company’s efforts won Avectra a Silver rating from Green Living Consulting, a private consultant that helps businesses adopt eco-practices in their daily operations. Specific eco-friendly efforts include:
- Relocating the company’s data storage and network operations to a new facility that doubled network capacity and cut power usage by 40 percent
- Avectra is now 100% wind powered, purchasing energy through Clean Currents, a green supplier of wind and solar energy
- Participating in the EPA Green Power Partnership program
- Implementing timers to reduce energy consumption by IT monitors
- Installing Energy Star-rated electronics
- Purchasing only eco-friendly plates, cups, utensils and office supplies that are made from renewable resources or recycled materials that use less energy and are less harmful to the environment in manufacturing and disposal
- Distributing reusable coffee mugs and water bottles to employees to reduce waste of paper cups and plastic bottles, and recycling all materials
- Printing marketing materials on recycled content paper using vegetable-based inks
- Installing an advanced water filtration system, eliminating the need for bottled water while providing safer drinking water for employees
“We’re committed to reducing our ecological footprint and finding ways to create a more efficient and sustainable business environment,” said Richard Davis, chief executive officer for Avectra.
For the last 16 years, Avectra has been translating our clients’ needs into market-leading association management software – whether our clients serve members by the hundreds or hundreds of thousands. Our 100% Web-based technology integrates data with business processes and then automates it, so our clients can engage members, provide access to all of their resources and get more done. Each of our solutions is continually refined by the user community, ensuring that we have the features our clients need to run their businesses and lead their industries. With ongoing, automatic upgrades that won’t disrupt service or incur additional costs, we keep our clients current with the latest technology. Avectra is headquartered in McLean, Va., with a regional office in Chicago.
To explore the netFORUM family of products, please visit http://www.avectra.com, or call 800-858-8272.
Ray van Hilst, Avectra
Jodi Broadwater, Avectra