red dot award: product design 2010
Milpitas, CA (Vocus) April 29, 2010
Creative Technology Ltd. today announced the ZiiSoundTM D5 speaker system - the personification of
the purest Bluetooth wireless audio experience available today. It is a one-piece wireless speaker system that incorporates apt-X audio codec for
superior stereo Bluetooth audio.
The elegant ZiiSound D5 is a recent winner of the prestigious German-based “red dot award: product design 2010” in the Audio Category. It is awarded the “red dot” quality label in recognition of its outstanding design quality and product innovation by a jury consisting of top-class international experts. Its sleek appearance complements any modern contemporary interior décor.
The ZiiSound D5 is the flagship of a full range of wireless speaker system offerings from Creative, comprising the award-winning ZiiSound D5 and Creative InspireTM S2 Wireless, as well as the Creative D200 and Creative D100. The range of speaker systems offers high performance wireless solutions for different lifestyles and defines how people will enjoy music from their portable devices from now on.
The state-of-the-art ZiiSound D5 speaker system promises to work with any compatible stereo Bluetooth device - from mobile phones, portable media players to the iPhone, the iPod?, the iPad, netbooks, notebooks, and just about every Bluetooth A2DP enabled device.
Built with only premium components and featuring a full-frame monocoque exoskeleton for maximum rigidity, the ZiiSound D5 incorporates award-winning Bluetooth technology*, apt-X high performance low latency audio codec, and speaker tuning and voicing by Creative’s world-class audio specialists from an in-house reference system to deliver the purest wireless audio in its class.
“Say good-bye to docking speakers because they are going to become a thing of the past. With the emergence of so many wireless capable mobile devices in 2010, Creative is now set to usher in a new era in pure music listening where you can enjoy the highest quality music with your favourite mobile devices beginning with the ZiiSound D5 speaker system, which embodies the best in wireless speaker listening technology today,” said Joseph Liow, Vice-President for Personal Digital Entertainment Products at Creative.
“This means that users are now free from the limitation of physically connecting or docking their mobile devices to their speakers to enjoy high quality music without wires - a new era in pure music listening has arrived!”
Listening to pure music wirelessly has never been easier with the ZiiSound D5 speaker system, with 3 ways to pair devices:
1. Connect the iPhone, the iPod? and the iPad with the iPod Transmitter (included with the ZiiSound D5 speaker system)
2. Connect via a USB Bluetooth Transmitter attached to the notebook or netbook
3. Connect via the built-in Bluetooth feature on the mobile device
The ZiiSound D5 speaker system comes bundled with relevant accessories to connect to just about any Bluetooth device for the purest wireless music experience:
1. An iPod Transmitter to connect to the iPhone, the iPod? and the iPad
2. An additional USB Transmitter for notebooks and netbooks during the initial launch promotion period at http://www.creative.com/shop
Key Features of the ZiiSound D5 Speaker System
- Seamless wireless music streaming with any compatible stereo Bluetooth mobile phone, portable media player, netbook, notebook and just about every Bluetooth A2DP enabled device
- Works with the iPhone, the iPod? and the iPad when used with the bundled detachable iPod Transmitter
- apt-X — high performance low latency audio codec for superior stereo Bluetooth audio
- Built with premium components
- Full-frame monocoque exoskeleton for maximum rigidity
- In-house acoustics tuning and modelling ensures striking accuracy, detail and atmosphere, setting new benchmarks in one-piece speaker system design
- High performance drivers and digital amplifiers for balanced and dynamic audio clarity
- Integrated AUX-In for connecting to other audio devices
- Charges the iPhone and the iPod? while docked
Technical Specifications of the ZiiSound D5 Speaker System
- Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Supported Bluetooth profiles
o A2DP (Wireless Stereo Bluetooth)**
o AVRCP (Bluetooth Remote Control)***
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Operating Range: Up to 10m (Measured in open space. Walls and structures may affect range of device)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 42.5cm x 11.0cm x 9.0cm (11.7” x 4.3” x 3.5”)
- Weight: 3.8kg / 8.4lbs
Pricing and Availability
The ZiiSound D5 speaker system is currently available at http://www.amazon.com and http://www.us.creative.com at the suggested retail price of $299.99. The USB Transmitter (BT-D1) worth $39.99 will be bundled free of charge with the ZiiSound D5 speaker system during the initial launch promotion period from 13 April 2010 while stocks last. Both the USB Transmitter (BT-D1) and the iPod Transmitter (BT-D5) are also currently available for purchase as individual accessories at the suggested retail price of $39.99 each.
For in-store availability, please refer to local authorised dealers.
For more information about the ZiiSound D5 wireless speaker system and the entire wireless speaker systems range, please visit http://www.creative.com/wireless.
? Excludes the iPod shuffle
- Incorporates the same Bluetooth technology found in the Creative Inspire S2 Wireless Speaker System – winner of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group Best of CES Award 2010
** Stereo Bluetooth or A2DP profile enables wireless transmission of full stereo sound to other Bluetooth devices. To determine whether your device (notebook, PC or mobile device) is equipped with A2DP enabled Bluetooth technology, refer to your device manufacturer’s documentation / website for more information
*** Wireless control feature is compatible with devices (notebooks, PCs or mobile devices) with AVRCP profile only, refer to your device manufacturer’s documentation / website for more information
Creative is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster® sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed ZEN® MP3 and portable media players. Creative's innovative hardware, proprietary technology, applications and services leverage the Internet, enabling consumers to experience high-quality digital entertainment - anytime, anywhere.
This announcement relates to products launched in Europe. Availability is subject to change without notice and may differ elsewhere in the world according to local factors and requirements. ZiiSound, Inspire, Creative Inspire, Sound Blaster and ZEN are trademarks or registered trademarks of Creative Technology Ltd in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.