In today’s challenging economy, and in the midst of healthcare reform, it’s more important than ever that a hospital’s financials be in order
Brentwood, TN (Vocus) July 30, 2010
Quorum Health Resources (QHR), the nation’s largest hospital management company and the seventh largest healthcare consulting firm in the U.S., recently announced the winners of its 2010 QHR CFO Excellence in Leadership awards. Bryan Prochnow, chief financial officer at Matagorda Regional Medical Center (Bay City, Texas) took the top honor: CFO of the Year.
“In today’s challenging economy, and in the midst of healthcare reform, it’s more important than ever that a hospital’s financials be in order,” said QHR President and CEO James L. Horrar. “The winners of QHR’s CFO Excellence in Leadership awards understand this, and I am both proud and pleased to honor them for their commitment to helping ensure their organization’s long-term viability.
“Bryan, in particular, is to be commended for his commitment to helping Matagorda Regional Medical Center provide quality, cost-effective care to the community it serves,” Horrar added. “This is the third consecutive year that Bryan has been recognized with a QHR Excellence in Leadership award; in 2008 and 2009, he was lauded for Best Net Accounts Receivable Days.”
In addition to the CFO of the Year award, QHR also presented 2010 Excellence in Leadership honors to the following QHR hospital client CFOs:
- Bryan Prochnow, Matagorda Regional Medical Center in Bay City, Texas (Best Net Accounts Receivable Days – for the third year in a row!)
- Marcia Zwanziger, Huron Regional Medical Center in Huron, S.D. (Most Improved Net Accounts Receivable Days)
- Jerry Brantz, Shoshone Medical Center in Kellogg, Idaho (Best Salary, Wages and Benefits as % of Net Patient Revenue)
- Chuck Jeffress, Brazosport Regional Health System in Lake Jackson, Texas (Most Improved Salary, Wages and Benefits as % of Net Patient Revenue)
- John Tichenor, Ohio County Hospital in Hartford, Ky. (Most Improved Net Operating Margin)
- Bob Milvet, Preston Memorial Hospital in Kingwood, W.V. (Best Supply Expense % of Net Patient Revenue)
- Butch Forrest, Southeast Colorado Hospital District in Springfield, Colo. (Most Improved Supply Expense % of Net Patient Revenue)
QHR (Quorum Health Resources) has provided consulting, management and education resources to hospitals and health systems for three decades. QHR is the market leader in hospital management, with nearly 150 current multi-year clients across the U.S. As a consulting resource, QHR is the seventh largest healthcare management consulting firms in the U.S., and the QHR Learning Institute reaches more than 10,000 healthcare professionals each year. For more information, go to http://www.qhr.com.