Exciting Summer Line-Up Planned for Albuquerque
In addition to a plethora of great summer events to choose from, enter to win a trip for two from the Albuquerque Convention & Visitors Bureau!
Albuquerque, NM (PRWEB) May 15, 2013
The summer months in Albuquerque have great things in store for visitors. Enjoy the mild temperatures with friends and family at festivals, special events and exhibitions around the city that was recently named one of the Top 25 Places to Go This Year by Fodor’s Travel. We will be giving away a getaway for two including accommodations, breakfast and free admission to several great attractions in Albuquerque.
Enter to win a $600 Albuquerque package for two. The package includes a two-night stay and daily breakfast at the Albuquerque Sheraton Uptown Hotel, free tickets for two to “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science, admission to the ABQ BioPark Zoo, Aquarium and Botanic Garden, the Albuquerque Museum of Art & History and the Albuquerque Balloon Museum, plus a $200 VISA card for airfare, gas or shopping. Sign up by June 15, 2013 at http://www.ItsATrip.org/Culture2013.
Now is a great time to visit. Here are a few of the events happening this summer:
Titanic - The Artifact Exhibition (Through October 27): The exhibition focuses on Titanic’s compelling human stories told through authentic artifacts and exciting re-creations of the ship’s interior. Delicate bottles of perfume, china bearing the logo of the elite White Star Line, and many other objects collected from the wreck site offer poignant connections to lives abruptly ended or forever changed by one of the world’s worst maritime tragedies.
- Blues at the Blueseum (June 2): Enjoy an afternoon at the Albuquerque Balloon Museum’s lawn with local and national Blues acts, plus food and drinks from local vendors. The event features national blues artist Lil’ Ed and Blues Imperials Band.
- Albuquerque Film & Media Experience (June 3-9): This event offers something for everyone, including domestic and international movies, family events, food, art, panels with film industry leaders and an evening with film legend Robert Redford.
- Festival Flamenco International de Alburquerque (June 10-15): Each June, the National Institute of Flamenco hosts Festival Flamenco, bringing the finest flamenco artists of the world to Albuquerque during nightly performances. The event is distinguished as the most important and longest standing flamenco event outside of Spain.
- Summer Nights and Zoo Music Concert Series (June 3-August 29): The Summer Nights (Thursdays) and Zoo Music (Fridays) concert series showcases local to international talent playing a variety of music, including country Latin rock, Afro-Cuban, Celtic, bluegrass, Cajun and pop rock in the ABQ BioPark Botanic Gardens or Zoo. During the family-friendly concerts, relax on the lawn, stroll the grounds, see the animals, enjoy a magic show, or check out the Garden’s model train.
- USA Roller Sports (July 13 - August 4): Watch the best roller sports competitors in the nation perform in the Albuquerque Convention Center this summer. The first week of the three-week event features speed skating and rink hockey championships and the second and third weeks include figure skating events.
- Route 66 Summerfest 2013 (July 20): The Summerfest is a family-friendly street festival on Central Avenue that will be filled with live music from the Dirty Dozen Brass Band plus entertainment, car shows, tours of historic Nob Hill, kids' events, arts, sidewalk sales plus local wine, beer and culinary events.
Also, plan ahead for these great fall events:
- Old Town Salsa Fiesta (September 14): The annual Old Town Salsa Fiesta features salsa bands and dancers on the gazebo and throughout Old Town, kids’ activities and crafts. A Salsa Fiesta in New Mexico wouldn't be complete without a salsa dip cooking competition. Competitors make their salsa on the spot in front of everyone, and attendees get to taste and cast their votes for the winners.
- African American Art in the 20th Century (September 29-January 19): This exhibition at the Albuquerque Museum of Art & History features artists who came to prominence during the period bracketed by the Harlem Renaissance and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta® (October 5-13): This world-renowned attraction brings guests from all over the world to celebrate ballooning in Albuquerque. Literally hundreds of balloons will be taking flight from the Balloon Fiesta Park this year, creating a magical moving picture show of hot air balloons sailing silently through the crisp fall air.
For a complete listing of summer events in Albuquerque, visit http://www.ItsATrip.org/events/featured/summer. Photos available upon request.