Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) January 15, 2013
It takes more than just the server box to run your applications properly. Managed IT services professionals know that the server operates within an “ecosystem” that includes hardware, software, connectivity and security devices. If you’re not an IT professional, keep this in mind when planning your next server project.
1. The Server - Your IT partner should review the needs of your line-of-business applications, including Microsoft products, and properly configure your server to meet those needs. Your server should meet the requirements of your business, be sized for future needs and growth, and priced competitively.
2. Data Backup - A comprehensive backup solution must be reliable, have the right capacity, and finish running in a reasonable amount of time. Just as important are the tools for a quick recovery. Ask if your IT partner will match these issues to your company’s tolerance for downtime and also if they offer an encrypted, remote offsite backup component.
3. Battery Backup - A properly-sized Uninterruptible Power Supply protects your data by allowing your network to operate briefly and then safely shut down in the event of power interruption.
4. Connectivity and Security Review - Ensures correct bandwidth, speed, and reliability for your Internet access.
5. Microsoft Licensing - Cost-effectively ensures legal compliance with Microsoft requirements to protect you from the risk of substantial fines.
6. Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware - Protects your network and secures your data.
7. Email - Ensures the right solution for security and spam reduction.
8. Remote Access for Other Sites or Home Offices - Options that offer the most convenience, flexibility, and security when working away from the office.
9. Installation - A scheduled, smooth implementation with a minimum of disruption and downtime.
10. Monitoring and Managed IT Services- Use Managed IT Services to proactively monitor and manage your network. Issues can then be resolved quickly, often in minutes instead of hours.
About CRU Solutions
Celebrating 30 years in business, IT provider CRU Solutions specializes in delivering Managed IT Services to small and medium-sized enterprises. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, CRU Solutions’ Managed IT Services include remote network monitoring and management, IT consulting, and IT support. Visit us at http://www.crusolutions.com.