HomeTeam Inspection Service Provides Winter Home Preparation Tips
HomeTeam Inspection Service provides a list of 10 simple tips homeowners can use to prepare their homes for winter.
Cincinnati, OH (PRWEB) December 08, 2012
Winter is fast approaching and HomeTeam Inspection Service has a list of 10 simple tips homeowners can use to ensure that their homes are well prepared and more energy efficient throughout the coming months.
Inspect HVAC units and change furnace filters for maximum energy efficiency and cleaner air.
- Turn down or program thermostats to lower temperatures while at work or sleeping.
- Inspect around windows and doors for gaps and use caulk or weather stripping to seal any openings that could allow cold air and water to get in.
- Assess the amount of insulation in your home because insufficient insulation can result in inflated energy costs.
- Test batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are working properly.
- Visibly check the fireplace opening for loose or missing brick and have screens in place to protect from any embers that may escape.
- Look for raised, loose or missing shingles, which can allow air and water to get in, and replace if needed.
- Remove hoses from outside spigots and store for the winter months.
- Clean debris from gutters to prevent water from collecting and freezing.
- Reverse ceiling fan blades to push the rising hot air down and will help circulate it throughout the home.
For more than 20 years, HomeTeam Inspection Service has brought exceptional quality, value and dependability to the home inspection industry. Their team concept is unique to the Home Inspection Industry and allows inspections to be faster and more efficient. HomeTeam franchisees work with homebuyers, home sellers and real estate professionals to service home inspection needs. Today, HomeTeam Inspection Service continues to expand throughout the United States by offering franchise opportunities. For more information on HomeTeam Inspection Service, visit http://www.hometeaminspection.com.