Seattle residents have a new, online source for mold inspection and testing information
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) April 27, 2012
Mold Inspection Sciences launched its new website to help Washington residents understand the value of quality mold inspection in Seattle. The site also presents information, including YouTube videos, that explains the basics of mold testing in Seattle, mold investigations, allergy testing, mold odors and roof leaks, and has a current and active blog section containing lively posts written by the company’s employees.
There are a surprising number of “bad” mold inspection and testing companies practicing in the Seattle area. Some are ignorant of proper processes and procedures, some just choose not to follow them, and some are simply dishonest.
Mold Inspection Sciences of Seattle bases its business model on honest, sound, industry recognized practices and procedures. They follow the guidelines and principles of many respected organizations including:
-American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC);
-The Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA);
-The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); and
-The Washington State Department of Health
The company also focuses exclusively on the investigation and testing for mold. They do not perform any mold remediation or removal services, and thus there is no conflict of interest for their clients.
Following are some of the key concepts about mold inspection and testing found on the company’s new website:
- Always hire an inspection company that does not perform mold remediation;
- Only engage a company that employs certified mold inspectors;
- Check the company’s rating and profile with the Better Business Bureau (Mold Inspection Sciences of Seattle has an A rating);
- The key to an excellent mold investigation is a proper moisture intrusion investigation. Water and mold go hand in hand;
- Mold sampling and testing is a key part of the overall mold analysis of a structure;
- Mold can be harmful to your health;
- A quality mold inspection is not free or inexpensive, it is a professional, time consuming and detailed service;
- A good mold inspection company does not comment on whether the indoor mold levels found are harmful to the occupants, that is the job of a doctor; and
- Don’t use a mold inspection company that uses fear tactics.
Important and useful consumer information about mold inspection and mold testing can also be found on Mold Inspection Sciences’ blog: (blog.moldinspectionsciences.com). This blog contains information about mold myths, mold and health, allergies, mold remediation and removal, symptoms of mold exposure, and other mold related topics.
Mold Inspection Sciences of Seattle is a professional, certified mold inspection and mold testing company. Founded in 2002 to help Seattle and Tacoma homeowners and business owners inspect and test their properties for mold to ensure the health and safety of the occupants.