Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 30, 2013
Period Vitamin makers have unveiled a new and improved formula that includes, among other ingredients, Vitamin B-1, Magnesium and Black Cohosh, which have all been shown in studies to help relieve menstrual cramps.
In one study, which was entitled “Herbal and dietary therapies for primary and secondary dysmenorrhoea,” researchers said that “Vitamin B1 is shown to be an effective treatment for dysmenorrhoea ... .” The researchers continued by saying that “results suggest that magnesium is (also) a promising treatment for dysmenorrhoea.” – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11687013
Dysmenorrhoea refers to the painful cramps a woman can experience during her period.
In another clinical study, this one of 120 women with menopausal symptoms, black cohosh was found to be more effective in relieving hot flashes and night sweats than the prescription drug Prozac. – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19745648
“We’re happy that research continues to show that the ingredients found in Period Vitamin are among the best home remedies for menstrual cramps,” said Uka Tumur, founder of Period Vitamin.
Made from a safe, proprietary blend of vitamins and herbs, Period Vitamin is a natural anti-inflammatory that stops cramps, bloating and pain associated with a woman’s period before she has a chance to feel them.
If a woman regularly suffers from any of the following, makers say Period Vitamin can help:
- Mood swings
- Decreased libido (sexual desire)
- Migraine headaches
- Breast tenderness and swelling
- Food cravings
- Weight gain
- Difficulty sleeping
The makers say new Period Vitamin is effective because it contains vitamins, minerals and herbs that work together to strengthen the immune system, maintain proper hormone levels and stop pain before it starts.
Among additional ingredients found in Period Vitamin are:
- Evening Primrose – Contains an essential fatty acid called gamma-linolenic acid, or GLA, for short. GLA is an anti-inflammatory that’s converted to prostaglandins in the body. This compound is a strong anti-inflammatory that eases many PMS symptoms.
- White Willow Bark – Was the first source of what we call aspirin today. It is an anti-inflammatory and pain reliever recognized around the world by the global medical community.
- Red Raspberry – Slows the flow of blood in the body, reducing menstrual cramps
- Cranberry – Effective in warding off urinary tract infections
Wild Yam – One of nature's best sources of phytohormones, which your body uses to produce the hormones that help regulate it and keep it operating efficiently.
- Cramp Bark – Helps relieve uterine cramps
- Damiana – Thought to increase libido, strengthen the nervous system, balance hormone levels and raise energy levels. Also thought to defend against depression, anxiety, low estrogen levels and hot flashes.
- Dong Quai – Helps balance the female hormonal system; also thought to relieve menstrual cramps and both menopausal and PMS symptoms
- Calcium – Reduces cramping, bloating and other pain associated with PMS
- Iron – Can decrease menstrual blood flow
- Vitamin C – Helps body control heavy bleeding
Vitamin E – A powerful antioxidant
Vitamin A – Helps relieve numerous PMS symptoms
- Niacin – Helps relieve cramping
- Pantothenic acid – Reduces irritability and helps body adapt to stress
- Vitamin B-2 – Also known as riboflavin, promotes healthy muscle function and helps body release energy from food.
- Vitamin B-6 – Reduces swelling and helps to reduce cramping
- Vitamin B-12 – Known as the energy vitamin, also thought to relieve symptoms of PMS
- Folic acid – Helps with formation of healthy blood cells, may help relieve tension
Vitamin K-1 – Necessary for blood clotting
To learn more about Period Vitamin, and other best home remedies for menstrual cramps, please visit http://www.periodvitamin.com.
ABOUT PERIOD VITAMIN
Period Vitamin was created in January of 2008 by manufacturers looking to create a vitamin that provides women with the nutrients they need to have a balanced vitamin intake and combat the causes of PMS. Working with natural ingredients, they formulated a product that can address the causes of PMS and found the right combination of all natural ingredients to fight those changes in the body.