Solomon’s RAM Study provides the most comprehensive set of reliability and maintenance benchmarks in the industry.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 15, 2012
Solomon Associates, the leading performance improvement company for the global energy industry, today announced the launch of its 2012 International Study of Plant Reliability and Maintenance Effectiveness (RAM Study) for refineries, chemical plants, and other industrial facilities. The study provides comparative analysis and critical insights to help plants identify improvement opportunities for maximizing reliability and reducing maintenance costs.
“Solomon’s comparative analysis reveals where companies can increase capacity without high capital investment and reduce expenses while maintaining performance,” said Al Poling, project manager for the RAM Study. “Our proprietary gap analysis shows participants where they can improve their maintenance operations and gain millions of dollars in margin.”
Since 1996, more than 8,000 production units have relied on RAM Study results to identify improvement opportunities. The RAM Study is based on extensive information collected across all performance facets of reliability and maintenance.
“Solomon’s RAM Study provides the most comprehensive set of reliability and maintenance benchmarks in the industry,” said Poling. “The results confirm the need for continuous improvement to sustain or enhance a company’s competitive position by measuring its performance against the competition.”
The study offers:
- Standard metrics for analyzing performance
- Simplified web-based input and interface
- Rigorous interactive web-based data validation
- Gap analysis comparing performance to top performers
- Performance comparisons at the production unit and site level
- Comparisons across geographic regions
- An on-site presentation and detailed review of results
- Absolute client confidentiality
The 2012 RAM study was redesigned to increase value and reduce participant effort while providing a level of detail that makes performance measurement easy. The redesigned study has the latest technologies and methodologies in reliability and maintenance, including:
- 20 percent reduction in data requirements
- Simplified web-based data input process allowing multiple simultaneous users
- Auto-validation of data prior to submission
- A detailed Opportunities Report for each process unit
- Comprehensive study files at the process unit and site level, showing all performance data analysis of study data
- An on-site presentation of results for executives and senior managers
- An on-site, detailed review and workshop of the Opportunities Report to enable participants to identify and prioritize their unique improvements
Participating in Solomon’s 2012 RAM Study can help a plant or refinery reduce the likelihood of a catastrophic event caused by a maintenance-related shutdown or startup, reduce maintenance downtime, minimize labor and material overhead costs, increase production capacity without costly capital investment, and improve reliability and maintenance optimization.
To help clients prepare for participation in the RAM Study, Solomon Associates offers in-person and web-based training seminars for data collection and entry, assistance with confidential web-based data input, validation of data to confirm accuracy of input, and the in-person presentation of quantified results to ensure maximization of study benefits.
Please note the subscription deadline has been extended to December 15, 2012.
Interested companies may learn more about the RAM Study by visiting http://solomononline.com/ram-study-international/ or contacting Al Poling at +1.972.739.1731 or via email at Al.Poling(at)Solomononline(dot)com.
About Solomon Associates
Based in Dallas, TX USA, Solomon is the world’s leading performance improvement company for energy companies seeking to identify and close gaps in operational performance. Combining proven, patented methodologies with objective data analysis, and led by a team of energy consultants with significant hands-on operational experience, Solomon consistently helps clients with capital-intensive assets achieve greater efficiencies, enhanced reliability, and improved margins. Solomon’s energy consulting and benchmarking studies apply to petroleum refineries, chemical plants, pipeline and terminals, gas plants and power plants. Solomon is part of HSB Group, Inc. Learn more about Solomon’s energy benchmarking and consulting services at http://www.SolomonOnline.com.