Cloud-based financial or accounting systems can go beyond debits and credits to managing people, commerce, and more.
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) December 02, 2012
Proformative, the largest and fastest-growing online community and resource for senior level corporate finance, accounting, treasury and related professionals today seeks feedback from its constituency with its second annual Cloud Computing Survey tied with a ‘cloud’ giveaway.
Cloud computing and cloud services have become so prevalent and integral to organizations of all sizes that Proformative is hosting another Cloud Computing Survey to gain even more insight into the topic.
Cloud Computing is very easily applied to the accounting and finance departments. Traditional on-premise software used to record, process and report on company business can all be taken to the cloud where it can go beyond the debits and credits to managing people, payroll, commerce, treasury, BI and a whole host of formerly difficult-to-acquire and integrate technologies.
“One important consideration when taking financial or accounting based systems into the cloud is security and backup. Since this information is very sensitive and valuable to the organization, make sure that you are using well-vetted and established cloud providers,” urges John Kogan, CEO of Proformative and a four-time CFO. “Most online accounting software has backup and disaster recovery functionality built into the system, with degrees of redundancy and layers of security that are non-replicable by most companies trying to do it themselves.”
Cloud services benefit not just finance, but operations, marketing, sales, and virtually all functions within the organization.
The top five benefits include:
1. Anytime, Anywhere Access From Multiple Devices - Perhaps the biggest advantage of using cloud software and services is the ability to access information from virtually any device, anywhere at any time. This means mobile, tablet, desktop, and any other device that has internet access from your company’s HQ, your home office, or any coffee shop, airport and hotspot worldwide.
2. Creating a Global Workforce - By hosting services and software in the cloud, organizations gain access to a global workforce. This means access to services and talent is no longer restricted by geography.
3. More Flexible Work Environment - Cloud services and software allow you to make changes in personnel and technology much more quickly and efficiently to fit the needs of your business in real-time.
4. Cloud Computing Is Green - Many companies agree that adopting cloud services and software has helped to reduce their footprint and waste by allowing consolidated and efficient cloud providers to thrive.
5. Cost Savings - Cloud computing services allow organizations to only pay for resources as they use them, without needing to build redundant infrastructure or hiring IT staff to maintain under-utilized systems, creating significant cost savings.
Data collected from this survey will be released to Proformative’s online peer network of more than 600,000 corporate finance and business professionals in its fast growing network specifically designed to help corporate finance professionals be successful in their jobs and careers.
Between December 4, 2012 through January 11, 2013 every participant who completes the survey will be entered in a drawing for a $450 Southwest Airlines gift card.
Proformative is the largest and fastest-growing online community and resource for senior level corporate finance, accounting, treasury and related leaders. Proformative connects the world’s corporate finance leaders to provide instant advice and insights on the tough financial and strategic challenges they face every day along with offering a wide range of news, information and analysis, including but not limited to, thousands of answers to corporate finance, treasury, and accounting questions. Proformative is the first online peer network specifically designed to help corporate finance professionals be successful in their jobs and careers. Proformative has more than 600,000 corporate finance and business professionals in its fast growing network. Proformative is headquartered in Silicon Valley, CA. Follow Proformative on Twitter @proformative and visit http://www.proformative.com.
Save the Date: We invite the media to attend ProformaTech in San Francisco on March 20, 2013 where you’ll have the opportunity to interview financial experts on best practices of cloud-based applications and more. Four topical education tracks will focus on best practices across the finance, accounting treasury and technology spectrum.