San Diego, Calif. (PRWEB) March 29, 2013
In the spirit of the upcoming holiday, TrendSource conducted its annual Easter survey from a pool of volunteer respondents to determine consumer interest trends in the fields of retail, restaurant, and general budget planning.
Similar to the 2012 Holiday insights study TrendSource conducted a few months ago, frugality permeated the Easter study results, and they were skewed towards convenience of purchase while having more family-oriented celebration intentions as one might expect.
Here are some notable takeaways from the study:
- Of those planning to celebrate Easter this year, 71% plan to buy gifts for family and friends with the top three gift items being candy/chocolate, an Easter basket and toys.
- To make these purchases, consumers are going to big box retailers and/or conveniently located grocers with the top three destinations being Walmart, Target and local grocers.
- Despite the shift towards online shopping and mobile device assisted purchasing decisions, brick-and-mortar establishments are still the reigning retail destination for consumers with 81% of respondents citing physical stores as their intended shopping channel compared to just 3% for online and 16% for both.
- 77% of respondents are planning to spend up to $50 on their purchases.
- 53% plan to dine at home, followed by dining at a relative or friend’s home. Of those who were dining out, their expected budget is $96.00.
- As for apparel, 22% of respondents are planning to purchase a new outfit for Easter with an average budget of $56.25.
Despite the trend towards thriftiness this 2013 Easter holiday, retailers can still capitalize on these consumer expectations to maximize profit. Remember, a one-size-fits-all approach is never the best strategy, so don't put all your eggs in one basket!
About This Study
TrendSource Trusted Insight surveyed U.S. wINput users between March 20th and 26th, 2013. Results represent a total of approximately 100 respondents (rate of response differed by question). All respondents opted in to respond voluntarily.
TrendSource has the unique distinction as a market research organization with ISO 9001:2008 certification. TrendSource provides business intelligence, customer experience insight, compliance solutions, and other market research and data analysis programs that deliver measurable ROI. With over twenty years of experience, TrendSource’s customized solutions deliver highly efficient Customer Experience Programs that quantify service gaps, provide prescriptive/corrective solutions, identify trends, and provide actionable solutions through enhanced reporting and analysis.
For more information about TrendSource and/or this study, email trustedinsight(at)trendsource(dot)com