The finalists include 32 teams from ten countries, and all will vie for gold, silver and bronze-level awards at ASQ’s Annual World Conference on Quality and Improvement, May 6-8, 2013 in Indianapolis.
State College, PA (PRWEB) April 02, 2013
Minitab Inc., the leading provider of software for quality improvement, is proud to congratulate its customers who are finalists in this year’s American Society for Quality (ASQ) International Team Excellence Awards Process.
The ASQ International Team Excellence Awards Process, the only global team recognition process of its kind in the U.S., honors quality improvement teams representing a broad spectrum of industries that have demonstrated innovative applications of quality tools and teamwork to achieve organizational excellence, customer/stakeholder satisfaction and an increased bottom line.
The finalists include 32 teams from ten countries, and all will vie for gold, silver and bronze-level awards at ASQ’s Annual World Conference on Quality and Improvement, May 6-8, 2013 in Indianapolis, Ind. Teams will present their case studies live in front of judges chosen by ASQ, who will evaluate each team’s presentation based upon predefined criteria established by ASQ. Winners will be announced during an awards ceremony Wednesday, May 8.
Minitab makes the statistical software thousands of companies use to analyze data for quality improvement initiatives, and is proud to be the sponsor of this year’s awards process.
"As the leading provider of software for quality improvement, supporting ASQ’s International Team Excellence Award Process is a natural fit for Minitab," observes Dana Tilghman, Minitab's trade show and events planner. "It's a unique opportunity for us to convey our commitment to quality professionals, by giving exceptional organizations and teams the chance to share, learn, benchmark, and receive recognition from their peers."
Minitab commends our customers who are 2013 International Team Excellence Awards Process finalists:
- National University of Singapore – Singapore, Singapore
- Singapore Polytechnic – Singapore, Singapore
- Colorado Department of Transportation – Denver, Colo.
- U.S. Naval Ship Repair Facility and Japan RMC – Yokosuka, AP, Japan
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation – Deerfield, Ill.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev – Quilmes, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Boeing – Long Beach, Calif.
- The Coca-Cola Company – Atlanta, Ga.
- General Motors – Milford, Mich.
- Humana RightSourceRx – Glendale, Ariz.
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals – St. Louis, Mo.
- Oshkosh Defense, LVSR Leak Reduction Team – Oshkosh, Wis.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. – Bharuch, Gujarat, India
- Reliance Industries Ltd. Hazira – Surat, Gujarat, India
- Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd – Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- CitiPower/Powercor – Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Genpact – Gurgaon – Haryana, India (two teams)
- Max Life Insurance Co. Ltd. – Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Nokia HERE, Location Content – Chicago, Ill.
- Telefonica Argentina – Buenos Aires, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
- TELUS – Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
- Vanguard – Malvern, Pa. (two teams)
- Wipro BPO – New Delhi, Delhi, India
Minitab representatives will be on hand throughout the ASQ World Conference, starting with the opening reception May 5, 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the exhibit hall at the Indianapolis Convention Center. Attendees are invited to stop at the Minitab booth (#600) to learn more about the company’s products and services, which also include training, statistical mentoring and free technical support.
Minitab Inc. delivers software and services for quality improvement and statistics education.
Minitab Statistical Software is the preferred data analysis tool for businesses of all sizes and is used in more than 100 countries by thousands of distinguished companies, including Toshiba, DuPont, Boeing, Royal Bank of Scotland, Nestlé and the leading Six Sigma consultants. It has been used to implement virtually every major Six Sigma quality improvement initiative, and to teach statistics in over 4,000 colleges and universities worldwide.
Quality Companion by Minitab is the package professionals use to plan and execute Six Sigma projects in companies around the world, including Xerox, ITT Industries, Providence Health System, Nissan North America and LexisNexis.
Quality Trainer by Minitab provides easy access to quality statistics expertise whenever you need it. This subscription-based online learning course lets you learn or refresh your knowledge anytime and helps you use Minitab to apply statistics properly. Interactive lessons based on real problems make concepts easy to retain.
Minitab Inc., headquartered in State College, Pa., operates offices in the United Kingdom, France and Australia and has additional representatives throughout the world. For more information, visit http://www.minitab.com.