While some of the findings of the research are not surprising based on our observations at times up close and first-hand with our clients and in other situations from afar based on what we read and hear at industry events.
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) March 20, 2012
Televerde, a leading provider of B2B lead generation and lead nurturing solutions, has just published the results of its B2B Marketing Research Study. This is the fourth edition of the research and features responses from more than 300 marketing and sales executives to some of the questions. The research, conducted online and at some of the industry events Televerde participates in, features metrics and other insight associated with more than 70 questions about lead generation, lead nurturing, lead conversion, marketing automation and contact data practices and performance. Some highlights:
Lead Generation & Conversion
- Outbound calling lead generation campaigns are retaining a tight strong “quantity to quality” performance ratio with only a 4% disparity reported by respondents.
- 68% recognize lead leakage/loss as a significant challenge for their companies.
- 40% don’t have an effective process for gathering sales rep feedback on lead quality and quantity.
- Lead generation is the most commonly outsourced demand creation activity (67%) along with contact data/marketing lists (45%).
Contact Data/Marketing Lists
- 55% report that their marketing contact data resides in more than one database.
- 47% report that their CRM system is the primary placeholder for their contact data while 30% report residing their contact data in their marketing automation system.
- 89% admit to experiencing contact data challenges, with 51% reporting incomplete contact information and 45% reporting un-cleansed, outdated and un-enriched information as their most significant data-related challenges.
- 46% state that the highest priority outcome of lead nurturing should be better conversion rates, followed by a higher volume of qualified leads (40%) and more disciplined lead management (32%).
- 52% report that using relevant content is the most effective use of their nurturing practices followed by the ability of nurturing to sustain ongoing contact via human touch and email (50% in both cases).
- Most respondents (56%) do not nurture leads based on their buying cycle stage.
- 39% do not nurture sales-rejected leads and 41% do not nurture disengaged leads.
- 24% of the respondents who do not currently have a marketing automation platform are planning to invest in one with Eloqua and Marketo topping the list of most commonly used and considered platforms.
- 32% are using their marketing automation platform only occasionally.
- Of those that are experiencing its benefits, 58% state that better business intelligence and metrics are the primary benefits, while 52% says it’s made their lead management process more disciplined and 43% are experiencing improved conversion rates.
- 67% of respondents cannot quantify their total cost of ownership of their marketing automation platform.
“While some of the findings of the research are not surprising based on our observations at times up close and first-hand with our clients and in other situations from afar based on what we read and hear at industry events,” explains Larry Fleischman, Televerde’s Director of Marketing, “there were some results that shook us a bit. For example, 68% of the respondents are experiencing lead leakage/lead loss in their sales pipelines despite the availability of best practices, processes and systems that can significantly mitigate this issue. And 89% of respondents are experiencing contact data challenges.” Fleischman says that although Televerde was aware that the data accuracy challenge is widespread because the company sees it and addresses it all the time, the fact that nearly everyone who responded to the study categorizes it as a major hurdle was a bit surprising.
“Another ‘loop throwing’ finding for us was that more than one-third of the respondents are not nurturing sales-rejected leads and nearly half aren’t nurturing disengaged leads,” Fleischman states. “It’s a major missed opportunity for future revenue opportunities.”
Fleischman observes that one organization’s challenge can be another’s opportunity (meaning the respondents’ competitors). “For any of the respondents who reported issues with lead waste, poor quality contact data, sub-optimized lead nurturing practices, and low conversion rates compared to their peers, then our research should serve as a call to action to take steps to correct the situations that need attention.” He recommends optimizing demand creation programs to generate stronger sales revenue performance and to mitigate losses that are converting to gains for competitors who may be doing a better job than respondents in some or all of these areas.
You can participate in Televerde’s ongoing B2B Marketing Research Study and download the latest edition of the comprehensive findings. In exchange for respondents providing some basic contact information when taking the survey, Televerde we’ll enter names in a drawing for either an Amazon Kindle Fire or for its complimentary Lead Nurturing & Data Diagnostics Audit.
Televerde is the leading B2B provider of sales pipeline development solutions that drive increased revenue for our clients by integrating contact data, marketing automation and world-class teleservices. We identify new customers, accelerate and convert sales opportunities, and discover fresh, actionable market insight. The outcomes we produce are improved performance of your sales pipeline, net new top-line sales revenue growth, measurable return on marketing investments, and sales & marketing alignment. For more information, visit http://www.televerde.com or our Create & Accelerate blog. Or call us at +1 888-787-2829.