Houston, TX (PRWEB) December 07, 2012
Today, MyRatePlan.com, the leading satellite and cable television comparison site on the web, announced this year's top five most popular satellite and cable TV companies. Television industry experts from MyRatePlan.com reviewed internal sales and demand data to determine which television companies customers were most likely to choose in 2012.
Here are the top five most popular satellite and cable television service providers of the year:
1. DIRECTV – DIRECTV, one of the nation’s leading satellite television service providers, was the most popular TV company of the year for MyRatePlan users. The cheapest television service plan offered by DIRECTV is called the Entertainment Plan, and features over 140 channels for just $29.99 per month for the first twelve months. DIRECTV’s most high-end plan is called the Premier Plan, and it offers over 285 channels for $89.99 per month. DIRECTV also includes the premium channels HBO, Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax for free for the first three months of service. Finally, DIRECTV offers the new and innovative Home Media Center Genie, which allows users to record up to five TV shows at once, all in HD.
2. DISH Network – DISH Network is this year’s second most popular television service provider, according to MyRatePlan.com users. DISH Network, one of North America’s largest satellite TV providers, features the Smart Pack as their cheapest TV plan. The Smart Pack includes over 55 channels for just $19.99 per month for the first twelve months. DISH Network’s high-end plan is called America’s Top 250 and features over 290 channels for $39.99 for the first twelve months. Like DIRECTV, DISH also offers the premium movie channels HBO, Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax for free for the first three months of service. DISH Network also offers the DISH Hopper, which allows customers to record up to six TV shows at once, and also automatically skip commercials on certain primetime networks.
3. Time Warner Cable – Time Warner Cable, one of the nation’s leading cable television companies, is this year’s most popular cable company according to user data from MyRatePlan.com. Time Warner Cable offers a Digital TV service plan for just $49.95 per month for twelve months, and includes a free three-month trial of DVR and the premium movie channels. In addition, Time Warner Cable will install the necessary equipment free of charge.
4. Verizon FiOS – Verizon FiOS, the fiber optic television service from Verizon, also makes this year’s list of the most popular television companies on MyRatePlan.com. Verizon FiOS lets customers bundle their television service with Internet and phone service, and features blazing fast download speeds up to 50 Mbps. The Triple Play bundle from Verizon FiOS offers TV, Internet, and phone service for $79.99 per month with a 2-year agreement.
5. Comcast – Comcast rounds out the list of this year’s most popular and best television providers of the year according to MyRatePlan.com users. Comcast offers a TV plan for $39.99 per month for six months, and this includes free HBO for six months as well.
People in the market for a new television provider can compare DIRECTV vs. DISH Network using the comprehensive satellite plan comparison tool offered by MyRatePlan here: http://www.myrateplan.com/satellite/ . In addition, shoppers can also use MyRatePlan to compare the rest of the television service providers on this list, including additional providers, to determine the best TV company for their needs.
MyRatePlan.com, founded in 1999, has been a leader in the consumer and business comparison-shopping arena for over a decade. By developing proprietary tools and calculators, and employing a full-time staff of researchers and writers, MyRatePlan aims to simplify the decision process for buyers across a number of business and household verticals including mobile phones, wireless plans, business phone service, residential phone service, credit cards, insurance, satellite and cable TV, loans, Internet service, web hosting, and more.