San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 11, 2012
Today, MyRatePlan.com, the leading consumer mobile phone comparison site on the web, announced the top five most popular Samsung smartphones of 2012. Samsung, which produces mostly Android devices, is along with Apple, one of the top two best-selling cell phone manufacturers for yet another consecutive year. With Q4 of this year soon coming to an end, MyRatePlan.com sales analysts studied internal sales numbers and have come up with a list of the most popular and best selling Samsung phones of the year.
Here are the top five most popular Samsung phones of 2012:
1. Samsung Galaxy S III – The Galaxy S III from Samsung is the unanimous choice for the best-selling Samsung device of the year. The Galaxy S III is the king of the Samsung Galaxy line of smartphones, and sports a boatload of features including a blazing-fast dual-core S4 processor, a beautiful 4.8-inch high-definition display, NFC, voice recognition, expandable storage up to 64GB, 4G LTE connectivity, and an 8-megapixel camera capable of high-definition video capture. The Galaxy S III is available on AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
2. Samsung Galaxy S II – The Galaxy S II from Samsung is this year’s second best-selling Samsung device, and probably would have been the top best-selling phone of the year, if Samsung had not followed it up with the Galaxy S III midway through 2012. The Samsung Galaxy S II features a beautiful 4.5-inch OLED display, wireless media streaming, 4G LTE connectivity, 16GB of internal storage space, a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor, and an 8-megapixel camera capable of high-definition video capture. The Galaxy S II is available on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
3. Samsung Galaxy Note II – The Galaxy Note II from Samsung lands in third on this year’s list of the best-selling Samsung cell phones. The Galaxy Note II features one of the largest screens of any smartphone available at 5.5 inches. The Galaxy Note II also features an included stylus called the Samsung S Pen, 4G LTE connectivity, long battery life, an 8-megapixel camera capable of HD video capture, and a quad-core processor. The Galaxy Note II is available on AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
4. Samsung Galaxy Note – The Galaxy Note from Samsung is the predecessor to the Galaxy Note II, and would have been higher on this list had Samsung not released the Galaxy Note II in Q4 of 2012. The Samsung Galaxy Note features a 5.3-inch display, stylus, 4G LTE connectivity, an 8-megapixel camera, sketching, and a 1.5GHZ dual-core processor. The Galaxy Note is available on AT&T and T-Mobile.
5. Samsung Galaxy Nexus – The Galaxy Nexus from Samsung rounds out this year’s list of the top five best-selling Samsung (Android) smartphones. The Galaxy Nexus sports a 4.64-inch HD display, Android 4.1, NFC, 4G LTE connectivity, and a host of other great features. The Galaxy Nexus is available on Verizon Wireless and Sprint.
People interested in comparing the Samsung phones that are on this list, in addition to other Samsung smartphones, can use the innovative Compare Samsung Phones tool (http://www.myrateplan.com/cellphones/m/samsung) offered by MyRatePlan.
MyRatePlan.com, founded in 1999, has been a leader in the consumer and business comparison-shopping arena for over a decade. By developing proprietary tools and calculators, and employing a full-time staff of researchers and writers, MyRatePlan aims to simplify the decision process for buyers across a number of business and household verticals including mobile phones, wireless plans, business phone service, residential phone service, credit cards, insurance, satellite and cable TV, loans, Internet service, web hosting, and more.