Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) June 17, 2013
These days, most places, events and services allow for some sort of senior citizen discount. They range from small to large – a person just needs to ask. Age requirements for different discounts are not unusual but so long as a person provides proof of age, the savings are there for the taking. Following the release of a September 17th USNews.com list of senior discounts, the editor of FinanceMarlin.com has put together a short list of five discounts available to seniors today – enjoy.
1. “America The Beautiful” senior pass – $10 ($20/mail) lifetime pass to national parks and recreation sites.
2. Restaurants – Many big name chain restaurants (IHOP, Applebees, etc.) have some sort of discount varying from 5%-15%. Order a large coffee at Dunkin Donuts and get a free donut.
3. Movies – Theater groups like Cinemark and AMC offer ticket discounts on certain days of the week and AARP cardholders get discounted snacks at Regal Entertainment Group houses.
4. Travel – Amtrak offers discounts to travelers 62 years and older on most trains. AARP members can get up to 30% off car rentals at Avis and 25% off Hertz and 10% to 20% off on a stay at hotels like Sheraton and Hyatt.
5. Clothing – Buy at Kohls on Wednesdays and receive a 15% discount as a shopper over age 60.
Companies have different prices on everything. If you look carefully you may be able to find the best deals on cheap clothing, or cheap plane tickets. Ask your insurance agent if he knows any companies offering cheap life insurance. The chief writer of Finance Marlin said, "My mom goes to Ross Clothing Store. She used to always go on Sundays. While she was there she asked if they had a senior discount. The cashier told her that although there was not a senior discount on Sunday there was 10% off on for Seniors every Tuesday all day. Now my mom goes to Ross for Tuesday, Senior discount day. 10% off on Tuesday instead of regular price on Sunday, for my mom, it was an easy choice of when to shop. Bottom line, it never hurts to ask for a discount; you may be pleasantly surprised."
Finance Marlin details five excellent ways for seniors to save substantial money on everyday and special occasion products and services.
FinanceMarlin.com is a website that advises seniors on ways to get the most value for their dollars. Their services cover all aspects of a senior’s life.